Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Merry Christmas... to me... to me... to me!

Finally a speck of creativity fell upon me because i showed my EfingProject to my boss for approval and he was happy with the results. So with a few minor adjustments, all is left is to mock it up and wish them good luck for tomorrow's presentation.

And just as i was about to pack up to go home and spend an evening in front of the tv, MissSeniorPisces asked me if i wanted to accompany her to get a few items in town. Figured it would be a good opportunity for me to continue my Christmas shopping since i already bought a present during lunch and i hoped i'd be on a roll when i came down to hunting for the right gifts. Never mind that i found a unique square shaped oil burner for myself.

So before agreeing to go, i stated i will not buy anything for myself. Fine. And she agreed, she would only buy what was on her list of things to buy.

Once we arrived, she oogled over a red bag whilst i stood outside the store and practically inhaled my chocolate cinnamon bun. Then as we cruised past the electronic store, i checked in on the price of digital cameras. And one in particular that i've been eyeing costs a little over RM1K and comes with a 1GB memory card. But i'm hinting to my folks that's what i would really want for Christmas... so MAYBE *fingers crossed*

But the minute we walked into Lot 10, my impulsive side of me burst out in fruit flavor and had i not paid attention to the MNG section i wouldn't have come across the simple suede/faux leather slim black bag. And without thinking twice, i headed to the cashier. And MUCH THANKS to the ongoing sale, the stated price was not discounted yet and all i paid was RM49... what a bargain!

I then found myself applying various shades of eye shadow at the MAC store blending furiously so i didn't look like someone punched my eye sockets. And MissSeniorPisces got advice from the sales assistant about a shimmery bronze. And although i was tempted to buy a lipstick that i had smeared over my lips, i decided in the end that i would save my money.

But that little spark of Goody-Two-Shoes didn't last too long because soon after, we walked past an opening of a jewelry store that sold various gems and pearls. Which was when i out did myself in the Unnecessary-Tuesday-Purchases department. The minute i tried on the rings in the display, i was a goner.

Pleading to the sales lady to give me a bigger discount as i watched the light reflect off my ring. It didn't take long for me to whip out my card and sign along the dotted line. And once again i failed at Christmas shopping but i am now a proud owner of a white gold plated silver ring with an oval shaped Labradorite gemstone.

Perhaps it was fate that lead me to the store, as it states "Labradorite is excellent when you are depressed, when you can't understand the negative patterns in your life, when you feel a victim, when things never seem to end." And oddly enough, it also states that "Labradorite is said to be helpfull in treating eye and brain disorders, and to help regulate metabolism and the digestive process." BINGO i think we've got a winner!

But i also read that it's good for those who want to overcome alcoholism [source]. Hmmm, could they be right? Great for my liver and a real bonus for my wallet too.

Or it could that i'm a complete sucker when someone says "it looks nice, you should get it". And with very little persuasion and a weakness when it comes to spending, i fit the stereotype that women like to shop.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

SUCKER!!!! We are just suckers for shopping..cant seem to find the meaning of my stone except that it was found by a dutch mineralogist name von phren...see the irony..and that i can predict the future..OOOoooooOOO. Ps. Labrador dog rings are great! give it time.. Im supposed to be rich with mine..hmmm.patience patience.. and you know what..RM125 on MAC makeup..i dont see a difference.. damn it.. but you know "IM BEAUTIFUL' hahahaha

winkris said...

ahahhah... well now... somebody is on a vanity roll! So much for preventing me from buying unnecessary purchases MADAME!

I dare you to stand at the corner with your serious hooker blusher and hair dyed in a colour that only a [100%] DVD seller would envy!

GoooOooo on.... do it... DO IT!!!