Wednesday, December 13, 2006

One Down... So many MORE to go.

This afternoon i decided i wasn't getting anywhere with my EfingProject and chose to move location. Wishful that i would catch a lost creative UV ray i positioned myself beside the window, hoping i'll be infected with a vial of productivity. Soon after to conveniently find myself a comfy spot on the bean bags, armed with a packaging book, blank notebook and working pen.

After a few sketches and a stomach full of chinese, seafood fried rice laced with a decent amount of MSG, i could feel my eyelids get heavier. I'm not sure whether it was the weather or i had in fact digested too much MSG but i wasn't feeling right. I think at one point i even fell asleep [ok i lied, i fell asleep a few times], right there tucked away in the corner of my office. Only to wake up sweating and realise that i only roughly came up with a few pathetic pages of ideas.

Yes, i have come to terms that my drawing abilities have gotten worse each year i blow out another candle. But on a brighter note, my ability to comprehend my chicken scratchings for ideas has improved heaps!

Maybe i blame technology for my so-called creativity. A so-called talent that feeds my laziness. Seriously, it's been awhile since i've sat down and drawn anything with a trusty old pencil [and tic-tac-toe does not count]. I'm sure if i find my colour pencils they'll be unsharpened and my marker pens would have dried up by now.

Creativity has flown out the window and landed in some ditch probably drunk on egg nog.

So by the end of the day, MissSeniorPisces needed to head to town to get a few items. So i agreed as i was falling behind in the Christmas shopping department. And i am happy to say, i ACTUALLY stayed focused this time round and didn't buy useless items for myself. Only treating myself to a bottle of Sebastian Stark Naked shampoo to strip the build up of clay /spray that i apply daily and attend to my disgusting nicotine addiction in particular, Dunhill Lights.

My mission to find Pressie A for my sister was a complete failure despite looking at dozens of stores. Either i'm very picky or my taste is no match to what is available on the market. Seriously, what is with all the bling and the gold buckles? Never mind, i ended up blowing my budget and splurged on 3 presents instead. Slightly guilty as my last birthday present to her was only a phone call. Yea i'm a bad sister. So i'm hoping this will make up for my tardiness and as the say, "it's better late than never".

Anyway, i pretty much have my dad's present sorted, i'm just waiting on news on when and whether it's still available. But i'm dreading to look for a present for my mother. A woman who practically has everything and doesn't really need anything. Something useful and won't end up in the cupboard. Not forgetting my brother in-law, colleagues and upcoming birthday gifts.

So many things to do and so little time... not to mention depleting bank balance.

I head off on a road trip on Friday. Hard Sequence's comeback after a month plus break. It's been awhile since i saw the boys play. Plus Miss Gobie Lo is back from Melbourne, so that'll be good to see her since it's been nearly a year since we saw one another. I'm just so excited that my weekends cooped up at home are coming to an end because i can't handle hoochie mamas and drunken shinanigans.

But i am coming to terms that there will be no special kiss under the mistletoe this year. Neither will there be a love/r by my side or random snog by some fantabulously, delicious stranger as we all say "FUCK OFF 2006" in unison.

Seriously, at the rate that i'm going with my hermit-like lifestyle and can't be arsed attitude/style no wonder i'm single and live a life of kept secrets. Worst case scenario, i end up a lesbian and ruin my mothers' dream of a white wedding. Hey, if i can't even attract the opposite sex and fail at pulling my own gender, there must be something wrong. I guess one is never too old to be a nun *shrugs*

But before all that good stuff, i MUST get that PainInTheArse Project out of the way and sort out my EfingProject before it drives me nuts. More specifically, before i get my arse kicked by my boss for not completing my work on time. So tomorrow [CORRECTION: in a few hours] i hope to be Miss Productivity as i've taken leave on Friday...

Why?
Cause i can and i will.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Don't you mean vial of productivity instead of vile?

; )

I think your blog is one of the few out there worth reading.
Keep it up.

winkris said...

Anon: ooOOooops my bad... ahahha. That's right, YES i meant VIAL. Cheers for the spell check =)

PS. Thanks so much for the compliment, seriously, it means a lot.