Friday, December 01, 2006

Multi-coloured Labels for easy reference.

It has occurred to me in recent months there has been a transition in my choice of topics. With the arrival of Satan's spawn, my absurd new found interest in the neighborhood hardware store and an outlook laced with optimism and splash of pessimism, there really isn't that much going on in my life.

And lately dealing with no real dramas of being caught in the line of fire. No longer worried that i have unintentionally made another girlfriend weary of my existence. No need to be cautious of having my back stabbed. And with experience, my ears have been trained to tune out bickering and jealousy.

No longer struggling to recap my drunken nights. Less focus on striking the infamous carbon copy pose and smile. No need for updates by a sober friend the next morning. No canoodling with strangers in a smoke filled club and vaguely remembering details. No additional mobile numbers attached to a name that only hours before was introduced to me.

Oh how times have changed.

And as 2006 begins to wrap up, i find myself slowly losing grip of my deluxe set of rainbow coloured emotional baggage. With the hope that 2007 will free me from my daemons and grant me strength to come face to face with my past. Missing individuals that were once present in my life and sharing moments.

But enough with the emotional blubber because to be honest, that shit gets tiring after awhile. I admit i am able to jerk a few tears from your eyes and mine but never am i the one to sugar coat or paint smiles on a situation. So if you feed on heavy doses of self-pity, lost questions and extreme sadness, i can direct you to my earlier posts or better still my previous blog. Emotions or lack of, available in truckloads all labelled for easy reference.

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

power through babe! power through and through!
:)

winkris said...

thanks hun... i'm trying =)