Monday, December 04, 2006

Up, down, left, right x 3

I contemplated whether i'd spend my Sunday rotting at home. Started with a shower, which i hoped would trigger the domino effect of motivation and cure my lazy-arse syndrome. And thankfully that worked, put aside the fact that it took me much longer to get ready than expected but i did eventually step out of my compound.

My mission was to hunt for Christmas gifts. Called a cab and 15 minutes later found myself wandering aimlessly in a shopping mall and walking in and out of stores. 4 hours later and having failed miserably at finding this years' gifts, i ended up buying items for around the house and an item to pacify my vanity.

Couldn't be arsed to look anymore as my feet were hurting and my RedMaryPoppins bag seemed to weigh more as time aged. So to end my gift hunt i headed to the food section and picked up various food types on display before jumping in a cab to go home.

All that walking up and down escalators, from one wing to another tired me out. So much so that right after inhaling my food i decided to lie down on my bed and passed out.

12:37am i woke up completely disorientated as i had undressed myself and felt not quite in my element. Smooks lay beside me and gave me one of his hung-over gazes whilst i fumbled around for my mobile phone tucked under my pillow. It didn't take long for me to realise it was only just past midnight and i wasn't late for work. I picked myself off my bed to peel my contacts off my eyeballs but only to return to my bed seconds after.

Woke up early for a Monday. Early in my standards as it is rare to see me out of bed before 9am and rang AnBloodyMumNoMore as i wasn't sure whether my half subconscious self had spoken with her last night to confirm whether she'd pick me up in the morning.

Minutes later arrived at the office [on time] with Mister Smooks because his 2nd vaccination is overdue and it just so happens that the vet is nearby. And whilst i munched on some toasted muesli and yoghurt for brekkie, Smooks greeted my colleagues with his morning mantra.

So as kitty lies neatly curled inside his carrier whilst i desperately try to get the EfingProject under control, as the presentation is tomorrow. Smooks only wakes up to check if i'm still in line of his viewing path or interrupts me if i am in midst of discussion and thinks i'm talking to him.

Watching him sleep on his soft, ripped up grey towel makes me want to dive into the bean bags and catch 40 winks too.

No comments: