Friday, December 29, 2006

Rain, rain stay away...

It's Friday morning and believe it or not, i'm actually awake. I woke up after a religious, almost cult like dream which involved surfing and later i found myself throwing jawbreakers into a garden to distract homeowners of my presence. [What the ...?] It was staged as though i was back in high school with lecturers, religious fanatics that were known to give Credits to students if they took this spiritual 'tour'.

Yes, my subconscious is slightly twisted. I am not religious nor have i been near a church in the past year. The only similarity to my conscious world is that it was pissin' down hardcore.

Maybe it's due to this extended holiday i've been on since a week ago. Much thanks to my boss who believes that time off cures most ailments [or so i like to think]. An annual given leave means that i only go back to work on Wednesday. But i have high suspicions that i forgot to take my medication last night hence the surreal dreams.

I'm guessing the earthquake off the shores of Taiwan not only interrupted the undersea cables which affected internet access and telephone lines but my ability to produce coherent thoughts. [Hmmmm... i blame mother nature for screwing up the system. And in case you didn't get the memo, it's true! The world is going to die].

But before that happens, let it be known that i figured out the WiFi signal is not strong in my dad's office at my parents home. So instead of slouched behind a desk, i'm crossed legged on the couch in front of the t.v. [Which reminds me i should take a shower otherwise i'll never leave the house].

Anyway, the past week it's been raining non-stop on the land of Cleanliness. So much so that this little island even suffered flash floods in low lying areas. Apparently unheard of but due to the continuous downpours, it doesn't surrpise me. I'm surrounded by dampness and mirky weather.

However, saying that, i wake up to the sound of chirping birds. The sun is still hidden behind the clouds and fingers crossed, it won't rain today. If all goes to plan, i intend to get my lazy arse into town later to do a few errands and sneak in a bit of shopping.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

There are people out who just got hit by an earthquake and you all can think of is how slow your internet is?

-shame on you-

:D

winkris said...

Anon: Thank you for the update and reminder.

But i was just stating a fact that has ALWAYS been an issue waaaay before the natural disaster. Obviously my insignificant bit of information was more important to me, as majority of the information that i regurgitate and type out.

By the way, if you're going to bring up the earthquake, you might as well bring up the fact that just a few miles away in Johor there's serious flooding and thousands of lives/homes are stolen. One cannot predict mother nature.

So instead of mourning deaths that were totally NOT MY FAULT and to dribble on about lives i knew nothing about prior to the natural disaster. I choose to sort out my own issues and tell others my point of view. Yes call me selfish but isn't it better to know first hand knowledge rather than rumors and accusations?

Trust ME, the speed of my internet is the least of my worries.

PS. I never denied i was shameless

:D