Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Better safe than sorry...

I'm not sure whether it's a huge coincidence but in the past week i've seen an increase of black felines roaming the area, some may even think they're bad omens or bring bad luck. Does that mean this year doesn't promise luck? Or it could just mean that the neighborhood strays got in on too much action.

But then it got me thinking of a few old wives' tales. And like an addictive yawn, i can't help but catch on. I can even think of a few and as silly as they are, i find them hard to break...
  1. I try not to walk under ladders or walk on the top of grills that cover drains.
  2. If i happen to be sitting down and i notice the the same number repeating itself on a digital clock, i will raise my feet off the ground until the minute passes.
  3. If i happen to be in a car and i pass a graveyard i will hold my breath.
  4. If i look up at the sky, i will make a wish upon the first star i see.
  5. If i see a rainbow, i will make a wish.
  6. I find myself taking more precautions when it's Friday the 13th.
  7. If a black cat attempts to cross my path i will speed ahead and walk in front.
  8. If my eye twitches, someone out there is talking about me.
  9. I believe bad things happen in threes.
  10. If i do something bad to others, it will hit me back 3-fold... karma does come back.
Not including #10, i figured if i'm not doing any harm to others, then there's no harm in following through.

But i strongly believe all the bad shit that i did to others during my younger years, karma has in fact come back and bitten me in the arse! With that, i am certain my mental instability/illness is the result of my bad doings.

And although i'm still paying for it some way or another, one can only hope this is the year i get to reset the vibe and start all over again. If it's not this year then i guess it just means i really fucked up big time.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

don't think bad stuff!! seriously 2007 is the year you rawwwwwwwk, for real :D

love you :D :D

winkris said...

we'll see... =p

love you too.