Sunday, January 21, 2007

Morning fetch

As usual, had spent my Saturday in bed. Nothing too promiscuous, it only involved sleep. Followed by random twisted dreams [not uncommon]. Suddenly i was in no mood to be outdoors and i suddenly couldn't stop sneezing. I made myself some lunch and lazed in front of the tv and found myself lying on my bed again.

A friend wanted me to go to BED with her. And no, this was not an invitation to indulge in some Friends with Benefits action. BED is one of many night clubs down on Asian Heritage Row. A friend of ours was in town and they had decided that a night of drunken shinnanigans was a must.

The sun was going down and suddenly my urge to slip into heels and flaunt around like a floozy didn't seem like a good idea.

I rang to cancel since it was obvious i was in no position to be with company. Plus the thought of holding a beer in one hand and a tissue in another, wasn't looking too attractive. So instead, promised we'd have dinner some time during the week after i finish working on the pitch.

Remembered to take my meds and polished off the remains of the pasta i had made for lunch and before i knew it, it was past midnight.

I wake up to Smooks nuzzling close to my face and wanting to play fetch. I spend the next hour chucking the rolled up plastic bag only have it to return within seconds. It doesn't take long for me to find a second rolled up bag that an enthusiastic kitten has found so early in the morning.

I emerge from my chilled bedroom to make myself some coffee and nibble on some Speculaas biscuits. Feeling sluggish and keen on jumping back into bed, i think today, i'll make an effort to go into town and do a bunch of errands that i've been ignoring.

No comments: