Monday, January 08, 2007

Monday stinks!

So i didn't end up doing anything yesterday. Much like the day before, i slept through most of it. And was only productive when my stomach was screaming for food. At which time, i have learned that Tuna Melts are perfect when hunger strikes.

Whilst waiting for my bread to toast and topping up Smooks bowl with Friskies, it occurred to me that my hair needed some serious uplifting. The combination of extreme sunlight and daily hair washes, my so-called blackcurrant stain had prematurely become lighter. Inching towards a shade similar to that of a DVD seller's girlfriend hair minus the highlights. It didn't help that my irritating neither-here-nor-there hairstyle was going a bit out of control.

It was indeed the perfect time to for a temporary fix. Desperate for a hair cut but in no position to leave my sanctuary, i figured i'd wait for a decent time to mould my hair into shape.

Operation Hair-Must-Dye was on the top of my Sunday's To Do List. Once that was done and i was satisfied with the results, i sat in front of the tv to watch some mindless entertainment. Which did so much as make me more tired and the next thing i knew, i had found myself back in bed. [I know, i'm a lazy arse when i want to be].

It was just past six in the morning when i woke up to a commotion. Smooks is scratching at the bathroom door and meowing like there's no tomorrow. I try and calm him down and as though possessed, he jumps on the bed and does his series of Olympic style rolls and turns. I switch on my bedside table light and what more appropriate than the words "Ahhh shit!" spills out of my mouth.

Not only is the sun not up but i am greeted by a morning crap on my doona! Before it even had time to settle, i rushed to the bathroom. Toilet roll in one one hand and a kitten crouched on all fours frozen in midair in the other.

I spent the next few minutes washing my covers and disinfecting the area. [The inner housekeeper is thrown into overdrive]. Definitely a bad start to the week.

I can only assume his morning accident is due to me forgetting to clear his litter box the night before. A reminder that his box MUST be cleared before i head to bed! No buts, just do it! What better alternative to a litter box than to poop where his owner spends most of her time in! I definitely was NOT in a good mood coming to work today.

Seriously, what a shitty start to my week, no pun intended. And to make matters worse, i also have deadlines biting me in the arse right, left and centre. And i NOW have to deal with my colleague's client whilst she's away on leave freezing her tits off in England.

It doesn't help that this "favorite client" of ours calls at least half a dozen times before lunch for copy changes and then drops by the office whenever it suits her to oversee the changes. Seriously, it's Monday and i already have a bad headache.

But why do i have an awful feeling that i'm at the initial stages of getting ill? Let's just hope i'm dehydrated. [Moments like these i wish for TLC and for a special someone to fuss over me]. Whatever it is... I MUST NOT GET SICK.

No comments: