Tuesday, January 30, 2007

Time is ticking... MATF here i come!

Just got home from the office. I'm not sure whether it's the excitement that i managed to get the pitch done on time or the fact that i could be possibly buying my return ticket to Melbourne in just a few hours!

I'm totally gutted that HSBC has put a new security measure for credit cards. Basically to curb the number of credit card frauds. But then again, that's good news for card holders since there's that little bit of reassurance that some wanker won't try and fumble around with your card.

But now i need to fill a few forms out and make some request of some sort in order to make purchases or transactions online. DAMN THIS TECHNOLOGY. I was meant to do it some time back but i guess my forgetfulness got the better of me. Yes i know, it's totally my fault.

So NOW i have to wait till the Travel agent opens which is at 9am. And knowing Malaysian timing, they won't open on time. They'll see me waiting anxiously at their glass door chain smoking whilst they sip their morning coffee.

I'm taking the risk of buying my ticket first before i even get my leave approved. My boss was rushing out just now and i didn't manage to ask him after i showed him my layouts. Oh please, oh please let him be in a good mood later today!

Anyway, a buddy of mine rings me earlier to say he's gonna wake me up bright and early and drive my arse to the Malaysian Airlines ticketing office, that way i can get first dibs on flights. BUDDY, you have no idea how much i appreciate you even offering to wake up so early... SERIOUSLY... THANK YOU!

And after checking online...


The promotional flights are quickly getting snatched up. February days are pretty much all booked out! Although the date that i want to leave is still available [as of 3.05am]. Here's HOPING that there isn't a sudden rush for passengers to depart the same day as me. Issue is the damn flight leaves at a ridiculous time like 9 something in the morning! Hey don't even wake up that bloody early, let alone have to be at the airport 3 hours before. OH NOoOOoo! Which means i have to take a day off just to fly. Damn!

Why can't they have night flights? I guess that's why they're so cheap. I wonder whether the train to the airport even runs that early? THINK POSITIVE. I guess we can't have everything.

SO yeah, you can see why my brain is flooded with all sorts of questions. It doesn't help that tomorrow will be another intense day of trying to beat the clock and finish off my work. And as they say, if there's a will, there's a way.

DAMN IT... I WILL HAVE MY GETAWAY!

No comments: