Saturday, January 06, 2007

That thing called Mambo

Believe it or not, i have managed to sleep right through the day. Coming home after the sudden downpour, i packed up my things at work and it was already 8.30pm. Exhausted from an intense 3 days at work, i was relieved that the day was coming to an end.

My initial plan of tidying up and being all domestic has been put on hold. Even though i've slept for a good 24 hours doesn't mean i'm completely rested. Obvious that the days that i could go non-stop partying and require very little rest to keep going is no longer applicable.

Wednesday i even chose to check out Mambo at Zouk. Yes, i attempted to bring out the hoochie mama that lay asleep. Last minute decisions somehow lead to interesting results. Seeing friends/people i haven't seen in months and throwing well wishes in the air seemed like nothing had changed.



The same songs were recycled whilst drunken patrons danced to a beat of their own. Nothing much had changed except i wasn't knocking down as many whiskies and hadn't found some boy to entertain me. But since that night, the days seem to have melted into one. It's already Saturday night and i'm in no position to be anywhere except to head right back into bed.

Drifting in and out of sleep with Smooks passed out beside me is how i spent my first weekend of 2007. Only peeling myself off my bed because he had eaten all his food and found it necessary to wrap his jaws around my calve muscle. Definitely not the kind of wake up call i prefer.

I've decided that making plans usually leads to disappointment. Therefore have decided that being spontaneous works better. What i do tomorrow is not known but i do know i could fall right back to sleep... so on that note...

No comments: