Monday, January 29, 2007

I need to getaway... my temporary Happy Place.

A new week begins and already i'm stressed. I can't help but feel the tension in the air with jobs coming in and trying to juggle the time lines. I THINK i have my work load under control but i won't be relieved until i hand them over. This week i have 4 deadlines due and this Thursday is a public holiday, so that's one less day in the week [which i am hoping i won't have to take any work home].

Oh please let this week go by smoothly!


The need for a long holiday is in high demand. Even when i finished my last contract in my previous company i didn't take a proper break. My regular boozing and late nights meant that majority of my savings went to an addiction that fed my alcoholic self. And although i don't regret any of my nights out, i did miss out on quality time out and proper rest both emotionally and physically.

My one month break, was divided between relocating myself from one area code to another and spending a short time on the island off the peninsular with the folks. And as comforting it is to know that my folks welcome me home any time, nothing beats a real getaway to a foreign land.

Which is why i've been thinking, what better time to relax and be in an environment then to visit a place i fell in love with nearly 10 years ago. That place is Australia, specifically Melbourne.

I know a MASSIVE portion of my memories there and past consist of my ex and i. But i can't help but miss everything about the place. Whether it's the culture, the indecisive 4 seasons in a day or ridiculously friendly staff at any store i walk into. I'm not really sure what it is but something magical happens each time i step out of Tullamarine airport and breathe in the fresh air.

But what i do miss are the individuals that i've managed to hold a quality friendship with during the past years. And even though i don't speak to them as often as i should i know we can jump right back to what it was like and it will be just like old times. A friendship built on trust and understanding. One particular friend whom i haven't seen since 2000 but recently have got back in contact with is Miss Victoria Eremeeva.

So Tori if you're reading this: I gotta see what kind of GORGEOUS tramp you've turned out to be... ehehe. I believe a spa weekend, cocktails/caffeine overdose and late night catch up is seriously over due! I wonder whether Chessy can fly down too?

But anyway, i promised to go back for holiday at least every 2 years and it so happens that this February will be when i am due back. And even though my funds aren't looking too healthy there is always HOPE.

Problem is whether i can refrain myself from shopping at the countless tempting stores around my office... YES I HAVE A SUDDEN NEW LOVE FOR ALDO ACCESSORIES and BEACH [which i already have bought a skirt and 3 head bands] at Bangsar Village 2. The evils of being a woman with the urge to pay for relatively affordable items that i don't REALLY need but on items i wish to have.

So if i am able to save my pretty pennies from now until then, i could possibly have SOME spending cash when i get to the land down under. But isn't that the whole point of a holiday? To be able to enjoy oneself and not count ones' pennies every few minutes?

I figured since my last company still owes me a one way ticket to Holland and the cost of a return ticket KL to Melbourne would somehow weigh out the same. There is a very high chance, i could actually make it there for my birthday.

Now if only i can get my leave approved and hope no major deadlines are due then, i could possibly be able to do number of things such as a) see my best friend and other mates b) go to Pharmacy/have my dose of quality tunes/rave culture c) finally turn 27 d) indulge in Boags, Cascade and Carlton Cold, but more importantly e) take time out and be away from here.

So with 2 days to go till the Malaysian Airlines Travel Fair... i will continue to keep my fingers crossed and focus on getting to my Happy place.

2 comments:

LeeWah said...

Woohoo!!! Chrissie might be coming to visit!!

If you do come down, I better be on the contact list for going out and having a shuffle!

Keep us informed babe and *fingers crossed* you manage to find the moolah to party it up for a bit!

winkris said...

Fo'sure you're on my list hun!

Not too sure how long i'll last in the shuffle part, as these bones are a tad on the rusty side but i'll give it a go... HELL it's not like there's a huge opportunity when i'm i'm here.

Will keep ya updated =)