Monday, April 23, 2007

26 hour transit: H is in KL



As usual my weekend has come and gone.

But the past weekend was much different than the ones before. First off one my mates from Melbourne happened to be in India for some training. And he had planned to make a pit stop in KL on his way home. Originally, he intended to stay for 6 days then it was down to 3 but then it ended that he'd only be staying for 1 night.

Which meant having to cram in as much as possible in such a short time frame.

I spent Friday night at home rearranging my clutter after one of the most stressful days at work. The combination of aftermath stress, exhaustion and anxiety of making sure my place was somewhat decent, i passed out some time around 4am. Only to have my alarm clock go off at 7.30am because i had to pick H up at KL Sentral. It so happened that Chook was able to pick me up last minute and we made our way there.

The combination of excitement and the lack of sleep eventually tired everyone out. So with H passed out on the couch and Chook seated by my dining table face down snoring, i figured i might as well catch up on some lost hours.

Having snuck in about 3 hours of nap time we eventually made our way to Bangsar Village and stuffed our faces at Delicious: Ms. Read. Which is where we spent the next few hours chit chatting about H's trip to India, life in general and everything in between. Our deep and meaningful conversation was no match to the thunder storm that was going on. But as serious as the conversation was getting, it was really good catching up and being with great company.

Llama Llama ended up joining us later and we spent a huge portion of the time laughing endlessly over silly sexual innuendos and it all started with a morning "Shake". [I'm sure whoever was eavesdropping must be wondering what was going on].

We soon found ourselves at 1U because H wanted to go to Top Shop to buy 'a certain something' for THE wife. So after walking in and out of stores and me being the temporary Fashion Advisory for the afternoon, H managed to sneak in some personal shopping. It didn't take long for the 3 guys and myself to call it quits. All of our feet were hurting and knowing that we still had a long night ahead of us we decided to head home.

A quick shower and change, i managed to transform my tomboy-i-just-got-out-of-bed look into a feminine-hello-boys outfit. And as H nicely put it... "... woooooh... you clean up gooOOod!" Even though it was only my typical jeans and black top, i'm guessing minus the afternoon's sweat and emphasizing the makeup, such things can do wonders.

After a quick feed and meet up with an ole' friend at Hartamas Square, we made our way to Zouk. Which was where we were meeting up with more people in honor of H's visit. Velvet was packed to the brim! I was constantly having to dodge lit cigarettes and as a result have my toes crushed a few times. But it so happened that Goatboi had forgotten about the dress code and was denied entry so we made our way up to Terrace and that's where we spent the rest of the night.

The night ended with a HUGE fight outside that involved a snatch thief and a whole bunch of people getting involved kicking the shit out of him. But that's only one part of the story apparently there was a string of events that happened prior to the arrest of the snatch thief. And it so happens that one of my friends was involved in the fight and had to get stitches.

It was totally drama and the full story has yet to be put together.

Xes and gang ended up taking H to have supper. I'm not accustomed to stuffing my face post drinking so Chook drove me home and i couldn't be happier to take off my heels.

By the time H got back he had about an hour plus to sleep before he had to leave and check-in. So he crashed on the sofa whilst Chook tried to get my wireless router to work but in the end failed. It wasn't long until both of them were passed out in my living room and i was sitting by myself. And because i was afraid that if i fell asleep too there could be a slight chance that we would ALL oversleep and then H would miss his flight.

So i stayed up and cruised online until it was 6.45am. I served as the human Wake Up call and ushered H to go get ready even though he grumbled about wanting to go back to sleep every other minute.

By the time we got to the ticketing office, i watched him attempt to look sober when talking to the ground staff and trying to upgrade his ticket to Business. And that was when it dawned on me that i was sad to see him go.

But i was so knackered from the past week that the only thoughts swimming in my head was how comfortable my bed is and if it were acceptable i would crawl into a corner and take a nap right there and then.

And although his visit was short and sweet, it was so good to see him and spend some quality time. Hopefully next time, K can come visit as well and they can stay longer than 26 hours.

No comments: