Monday, April 30, 2007

At first you don't succeed, try try again.

The best part of banking in a pay cheque is knowing that i have disposable income to play around with.

That is until reality kicks in and i realise that my bills are still waiting to be cleared!

Last week i even managed to pay a lump sum of my credit card bill, thinking i'd be Little Miss goody2shoes. But Little Miss Forgettable forgot to put into account that her rent is due on the 1st. AND after the very nice finance lady helped me fill out my tax forms, i owed X amount.

And just like that my account continues to deplete itself.

I think i may have miscalculated and NOW i have to go through May knowing that i'm on a tight budget. But if all goes to plan my meds should be officially halved and should mean that my medical bills will be reduced. So i'm SUPER happy over that.

...

MASSIVE NEWS UPDATE:

I have a date tonight!


No, this is not some random stranger i picked up during my lunch break. And i am more than certain he is not a goat herder. I have met this person a few times at Zouk and because i have a habit of forgetting where i meet people, i usually include a description about the person. So in this case, i've put "Piercings" as his surname. Obviously because he has numerous visible piercings. Unfortunately, i can't really remember what he looks like!

"Again," you say. Yea i know i'm horrid. I should really make an effort to boost up my photographic memory cells.

So just now after a short discussion on the phone, he busts out with "I'd like to take you out on a date tonight". Maybe i was still riding on my sugar high and to add to the whole spur of the moment deal, i respond without hesitation, "sure".

I'm sure all those How to Get a Date or Stop Dating Losers books recommend that one should wait a few days before accepting. This bloke has asked me numerous times but usually it's been quite casual and never as direct. But with work commitments, i've always said "i'm busy."

So anyway, i'm going to a wine bar. OoooOoooer how sophisticated. [I guess that beats walking into some random pub in my flip flops and i guess that means i have to dust off my heels again eh?]

Oh gawd, i'm nervous. Please let me NOT drool wine down my top tonight. And please remember to stand up straight and not fall over and injure myself.

No comments: