Sunday, April 15, 2007

A slow death triggered thoughts of the future.

I had good intentions of waking up early and attempt to one day be a very good house wife [should i be so lucky];
  1. do the dishes,
  2. chuck clothes in the washing machine,
  3. vacuum the floor,
  4. water [my already dying] plants,
  5. take out the rubbish,
  6. make myself a hearty breakfast to fuel me through the day.
More useless information for you to feed on:
I woke up after lunch only to find out that i was down to one 3-in-1 coffee packet. Yes, my laziness proves that i can't be bothered to even scoop out coffee from a jar and then follow it up by a spoonful of sugar. Similar to that concept of 'Why Stand, When You Can Sit', i like to think 'Why Mix, When You Can Just Stir'.

I was running out of clean towels and noticed the dirty ones still sitting crumpled in my laundry bag from the weeks before. My washing machine has been running practically all day and my living room resembles a 2nd hand warehouse with clothes hanging from one chair to another. Which reminds me my king size doona cover is in need for a change.

I would seriously fail as a housekeeper.

Distracted by even the smallest thing and finding every bit of excuse to avoid doing what i am meant to do is how my Sunday went.

And despite knowing that i have a deadline due tomorrow, i spent a portion of today passed out on my half made bed. I later found myself chasing my cat around so he wouldn't swallow the wasp that would eventually meet his slow death by a late night impromptu fumigation. The buzzing echoed from behind the framed picture not because i couldn't find the source but because i feared that the wasp would retaliate and sting me... so i left it to die.

Yes, it was cruel but i didn't want to risk being stung and knocking myself out and only to wake up a few days later with a starving cat gnawing on my bloated body. [OK slight exaggeration there but hey, it makes a good visual... ehehe].

Sometimes i wonder, if it's this much trouble caring for ONE, i can't imagine what it would be like taking care of another being. I can foresee my ad in the Singles' over 40 column decorated with cute hearts in hope of snagging a toy boy to care for my wrinkled arse. With surgical tape attached to my double chin to keep it taut and laugh lines that scream for more collagen. But in reality, all it does is scream DESPERATION and entice stalkers and molesters to track me down. Oh gawd!

In all honesty, i don't know what i want and i'm in no rush to settle down. In fact, all that 'grown up schtuff' freaks me out. I am so glad that women in this day in age are choosing to marry later and that it's OK to have a career rather than be barefoot, pregnant and slaving away in the kitchen.

I'd like to think i live my life as an Organised Mess and although some may see it as a flaw, i think it makes me slightly more... interesting [so i like to tell myself . But it probably explains why i'm very much still single]... ehhehe.

No comments: