Sunday, April 01, 2007

Got Inked!


"It'll take roughly 5 hours maximum but it can take 3 hours IF everything goes smoothly..."

In other words, DO NOT move.

...

I moved. Hence the reason why it took 4 and a half hours [which includes 2 cigarette breaks in between].

With my right leg voluntarily twitching every now and then meant that each fine line that got slightly blotched would need to be retouched. Apparently because of the thin lines it required full concentration and ANY movement would affect the end results.

I had trouble keeping still when he went over my shoulder blades and near the top of my shoulders. I couldn't help but flinch and for some reason that area was extremely sensitive. It's moments like those that i wish i had more fat on my back! With only a thin layer of skin covering my bones, i could feel the vibration eat through my shoulder blade into my marrow. OK i lied, it wasn't that bad but it definitely was very uncomfortable at some points.

By the time it hit the 3 hour mark my back was starting to hurt even though i was lying flat. I can only imagine how Water's back felt as he tried his best to keep the lines as smooth as possible.

At one point i had my iPod on just so i could distract myself. I chanted "THINK HAPPY THOUGHTS" over and over. I even tried to think of random topics ranging from sex, past raves to my time in Melbourne.

At one point i looked up and because the blinds were open, i saw a bunch of boys peering inside happily eating their peanuts, as if i were some freak show. I put my head down, closed my eyes and tried to float along the tunes blaring through my headphones.

Eventually my pain threshold caved and after 4 hours i was already putting pressure on the bar below the flat bed that i was lying on. As he continued to shade areas over a boney section it resembled a sharp pin being jabbed into my skin.

"Half an hour more... and then we're done!"

And let me tell you i was counting down the minutes in my head. Wishing that i had that extra helping of pasta the night before just so it could possibly buffer my skeleton. And then he finally said "Done!" and a gush of relief surged through my body and i was so excited to see the end results.



So in a month's time after it's healed, i'll return so Water can have a looksy and do any touch ups.

[Oh and before i forget, much thanks to Possom and MissSeniorPisces for dropping by and keeping me company during the initial stages and when i went for a smoke].

13 comments:

LeeWah said...

OMFG! That looks ace Chrissy!

I like it how it was even done in puffy paint! :P

Good luck with the healing process. I'm sure it was worth all the pain and effort.

I could never get inked. I hate the thought of injections let alone a needle piercing me 11ty billion times.

winkris said...

THANKS DAVE!! =)

lol @ puffy paint... i love that stuff especially when you let it dry and then peel it off... ehehe.

Yea i absolutely HATE injections but for some odd reason i LOVE tattoos...

babyviolette said...

That is once cool piece of artwork. Love it!

Ms. Redd said...

noice...!
i spot 27...!! hehe
didn't think organics wld look dope yo!
happy itching recovery!! :p

winkris said...

babyviolette: THANKS!

msredd: Cheers! Yea neither did i but i think it turned out aiiiite... ehehhe.

Anonymous said...

ooooooh it's amazing to see the design transform from computer screen to skin... having seen it from sketches stage i almost feel like i was (sort of, in a very faraway and oblique non-contact sort of way) having it done myself... or at least i understand the process now! it's inky-licious!

allie

winkris said...

Teehee... it's exciting innit.

lol @ "...sort of, in a very faraway and oblique non-contact sort of way..."

Well lucky for you you get to see the healing process as well... fun fun... *prepares her mittens*

"I WAN' THA' ONE!" ;)

Anonymous said...

No probs 'miss breathe'..it was definately interesting to see you thru the 'looking glass'.I was wondering where i could slot my 25 sen for my 'show' instead i look like a real buffoon tapping on the glass window with Possum to get your attention (with not much success). I didnt see a sign that said' please dont tap on the window as this fish is disturbed'hehehe..
Anyway, i think u have a cool tattoo..
ps.im blaming you for my '2nd childhood'splurge...here i come dig dug, pacman, and donald burger time..

-d other fish-

winkris said...

Well now... 25 sen? I thought it was only 20 sen... you were totally misinformed. This ain't the States... you and your quarters... aahhah. =p

As for the 2nd Childhood splurge... ain't nuffin wrong wif dat.

Anonymous said...

that looks absolutely amazing!! i wonder if they have the washable marker pen variety???!!!

winkris said...

fallah: cheers! Well if you're going all out with the washable marker pen variety... you might as well go all out and draw all over your body... ahahha.

Anonymous said...

Advice to all: washable markers?? load of crap.. stays on for days!!!

winkris said...

fallah: ahahhah... cheers for that pointer.

OBTW if you want to remove pen marks on your skin you can try rubbing nail polish remover over it... it helps.