Sunday, April 29, 2007

One too many speedos and covered in SPF 50.



Prior to moving into my current apartment, i was convinced that the privacy and onlooking forest would entice me to spend my weekends lazing around beside the pool and soaking in some rays.

But since moving in [approximately 10 months ago] i've spent a total of... *thinks* 4 times by my pool.

So i figured since Sunday is the 'day of rest' i might as well dust off one of the many books i have yet to finish and rest by the pool. Even pretend like i'm on holiday at some resort and the only worries on the top of my head are deciding what drink to order next.

...

Unfortunately there was no waiter on hand serving me a fresh coconut nor was there a plethora of eye candy to perve on.

There was only the Russian family that sat in the hut meters away from me. And another Eastern European family cooking up a BBQ and sporting matching speedos.

It wasn't long until i was joined by a couple in their early 30s and their young son. The father continued to praise and comment on his sons freestyle and breast stroke. Possibly in hopes that one day this overactive, sugar induced child would be the next national rising star.

But the boy seemed more interested in swallowing the pool water and of course that was followed by huge coughing fits. The combined moronic behavior and the foreign languages echoed around the enclosed area and destroyed whatever peace was in the air within seconds.

And because i didn't want any part of it, i chose to wade around in the baby pool. With my book still in my hands and looking like a beached dolphin, i bopped around in the water with my arse poking out of the waters' surface every now and then.

The sun eventually hid behind a huge cloud and it wasn't long until i noticed a starving mosquito trying to suck the life out of me. Which was around the time when i decided my day at rest by the pool would come to an end and i made my way back to my sanctuary.

No comments: