Friday, March 16, 2007

24 hours captured: continued.

After drinks at Section 8, i didn't want to go home and be lying on my couch at the stroke of midnight, so ended up back at my friend's place. And thinking about life in general [as you would]. Recapping and thinking about what i've done with myself in the last year. And at yes, at one point getting slightly emo with myself [i blame the beer].





And as i drank my Boags whilst sitting on my mate's couch, it was getting too late to walk home. My night was filled with the strangest dreams and i kept waking up and then returning to where i had woken up at. Very surreal.

Eventually i made my way back into the city and spent the rest of the arvo with my best mate. And as we chilled at his house drinking beer and wine, our moments were interrupted by repeats of Sia and Nelly Furtado. It was great to catch up with my hoochie banana lips, it was like old times. Nothing had changed...

[He is Art]

H+K took me out for dinner down on Chapel Street where i stuffed myself with Gnocchi and a side order of calamari. I'm guessing the past few nights of late nights and partying suddenly hit me and i was exhausted! It's been ages since i've partied this much and sheepishly said i wanted to go home.

So while H+K went to Revolver because their friend had a gig... i jumped on the train and made my way home. Quite sober but eager to pass out hoping to wake up early so i could squeeze in some shopping.

Let me tell ya, that didn't quite happen. But i had a relatively casual birthday celebration and probably one that i'll remember for quite some time.

Post birthday:
I woke up after lunch and didn't actually end up leaving the premises til close to 5pm. Managed to shop around for a bit and decided to chill at my friend's place again. For some odd reason, his couch lures me each time and i find myself tucked in the corner watching episodes on Discovery, History and Comedy Channel.

And while H+K are out partying it up, i've just got home and it's 2.40am and i'm sippin on a Carlton Draught trying to round up past thoughts. And seeing that i have to go to PHD in the morning to say bye to Brendan and Jill, i THOUGHT i'd take it easy and have a quiet one tonight.

YES I KNOW i'm on holiday and should be completely trashed. But to be honest since i've been partying since the tender age of 13... i figured i'd slow it down [slightly] this year. It's about time i start thinking... what the fuck am i doing?

No comments: