Saturday, March 03, 2007

Unexpected turnout ends off on a high note.

Long story short... the goat herder stood me up!

I woke up at 3.30pm slightly hung over from last night. I checked my phone and there's a SMS and it's MonorailTim asking if we're still meeting up. He sent the message at noon. So i send an apologetic message and confirming that i'll see him later. Then as i stagger towards the shower with blood shot eyes i get a SMS saying "Sorry... you reply so late".

By the time i'm out the door it's 4pm and i send a message to say i'm running a bit late. Arriving soon after, i take a quick glance at any male figures sitting by themselves but the tables are occupied with families and couples.

45 minutes later and after half a dozen unanswered calls and 2 messages, still NO ANSWER. So having drunk my cinnamon ice blended already and my lungs desperately needing a break, i wasn't going to spend my afternoon waiting. And unless his fingers happened to have fallen off or he knocked himself out, it would have been common courtesy for him to at least call me back.

But having seen my BUDDY pass by earlier, i called to see if he was still around. Sent a final SMS saying i left and off i went. And what better way to cure a hang over but to inject great conversation, a bottle of white wine, beer, calamari and a cheese platter to the mix.



I'm not pissed off that the guy didn't show up because had i not dragged my arse out of bed today, i probably wouldn't have bumped into my friend who happens to be leaving for good on Monday... so in a way it was good timing. Oh well.

So with a concoction of alcohol brewing in my stomach, i've decided to force pesto and linguini down my throat. Plus i figured a dose of Ali G's Bling Bling would be appropriate right about now...


RESPECT!

No comments: