Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Putting things into perspective.

One of the main purposes of my holiday was to get away from this country. Take me out of my space and figure out what it is i want to do with myself. And although 1 week is no where near enough time to sort oneself out. I deliberately put myself in situations that were outside my comfort zone.

Feeling self conscious and feeling like an outsider, i came back to a world that i once lived and breathed. Where are all the happy people? Those people moved on and i'm guessing i've done the same. But i did manage to build on friendships that i never thought would mean so much to me.

I cry because i miss them.
People take for granted many things in life and 'Friendship' is definitely one of them. It's almost like i forgot what it felt like to be appreciated.

I start from scratch and get my emotions in check. I wonder, was it worth it?

Last night as i sat at home amongst my familiar clutter, i could smell the air was thick with pollution. I had no one to share my adventures with, nobody i wanted to see. I hid myself away from the outside world and this trip reminded me how alone i really am.

I take home memories and photographic smiles. I view those images to remind myself that i was happy. A captured moment that stays fresh in my thoughts each time i view it.

And i know now why i choose not to get close to anyone. I fear that i'll lose them.

It's happened before and it's happening again. Is that why i am attracted to those who continue to use me? Those individuals who take advantage of my sincerity and honesty because i know deep inside they don't give a shit about me.

Take me away and let me not feel like this. Take me back to the start when i didn't give a shit.

No comments: