Thursday, March 22, 2007

Isn't it about time?

Feeling a little down since i got back from my über short getaway. I spoke to my nugget online and decided we'd meet up for dinner after work. Previously my AE back in my old company and a close friend that i can rely on. And as i spilled out my fears and miniscule issues whilst eating chopped up fried fish fillet and basil leaves, it was a huge relief to get it out of my system. It was slowly eating away at me and breeding on my conscience.

We spent the next hour in search for an olive dress for a wedding she has to go to in May. I'm guessing it's that time in one's life that it's more common to attend weddings and engagements than it is birthday parties and sleep overs.

And upon returning home, i sat on my over crowded sofa with a half unpacked suitcase sitting quietly in the middle of my living room. Slightly disgusted with the accumulated mess, i figured it's due time that i do something about it.

So i'm making a conscious effort to spring clean... starting from this weekend. A chance to sort out my life and my possessions. Living like a pack rat can't be good for the soul and it's about time i put my past to rest. It's been doing my head in since i got back and wishing things turned out differently is something i have no control of. Even certain decisions that i'm not so proud of, has steered me down this path.

I took advantage of the moment and made the most of it. And however short it was, it was well worth it. I have no regrets and refuse to feel guilty for my actions. I will continue to live my life how i please and so what if i don't live the typical girl-next-door lifestyle. And i see nothing wrong with being anti-social.

But you know what, i'll never be like you and at the end of the day, my fantasies and dreams are what keeps me going.

No comments: