Friday, March 09, 2007

Welcome to Tullamarine Airport: Lane 1

After 8 hours on a plane sitting next to [what i think] was a father and a VERY cute son, i finally arrived. Yes, i've seen some good looking Aussie boys already. Maybe i managed to sneak in about A MINUTE of sleep because i occupied myself by watching various movies and sitcoms. Maybe i didn't sleep because i was worried i would start drooling or slam my head on the father's shoulder when dozing off. But i did attempt to play pinball... and that lasted for all of 15 minutes.

And after waiting for what seemed like ages for my luggage, i was directed to go towards customs. And usually my bag gets scanned and i get to walk right through. But this time they directed me to "Lane 1" which was practically deserted. [Apparently only the dodgy people go to that lane so they can get their bags searched].

BUT I SWEAR i wasn't as dodgy as that one guy at the other table who was being questioned about a certain "friend" he had met at the airport.

And anyway, i was too tired to be really fussed seeing that i thought it was only routine. But as the officer continued to ask me questions, he continued on searching through my bags and opening every single pouch i had in there.

And that was when he found my little bag of medication consisting my AD, Stilnox and Carbimizole. On the immigration form i had only read "...illicit drugs" so i ticked the NO column. Thankfully, i always keep a letter from my shrink confirming that i am prescribed the list of meds and he soon dismissed it. And while this was going on another officer was busy swabbing my luggage with this plaster looking fabric to see if i had any illegal substances and of course it came out negative.

Digging around and probably waiting to find something illegal, he only found my little pepper spray that i keep in my bag for security measures. And seeing that it is illegal to carry it, they confiscated it and printed out a letter listing their reasons for taking it. I guess i had forgotten about it, seeing that i carry it around with me everywhere. I soon found myself apologising repeatedly.

So after half an hour, i bid the friendly customs officer farewell and jumped on the skybus into the city to meet up with my mate. I didn't get to enjoy my first breath of fresh air because i was still trying to digest what had just happened.

But NOW i am finally at my mate's house. I managed to spend some quality time chatting with him before he had to run off to the farm. And considering that i haven't slept yet and the time difference is 3 hours ahead... i think i'm doin' alright even though i'm actually quite knackered.

And i don't actually see myself hitting the clubs tonight. It's 1.30am now.

BUT I just spoke to my best friend on MSN and i'm going to be spending the day with him tomorrow. We're so excited to see each other, it's been 2 years! Seriously, i can't wait to see my hoochie banana lips. I missed him so much!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

have a looooooovely time, will check in on you here once in a while... ! allie

winkris said...

Heya! Oh i will... THANKS! well hope SashaPau's b'day was fun and you got to eat yummy cake.

And don't miss me too much! See ya when i get back to the office... =(