Monday, March 19, 2007

It all ends somewhere.

The weekend has been a bit of a blur and have been jam packed with all sorts. I ended up going to Bubble one last time since Shane, Gob and their friends were going. By the time they picked me up it was around 3.30am. Then ended up bumping into some people i met the during the week and danced in my little corner minding my own business. I ended up staying till they closed which was around 11.30am and i made the painful walk back home in broad day light.

Covered in dried sweat and smelling like the air in the club, i definitely wasn't the prettiest of sights. And seeing that i hadn't done ANY shopping i hopped into the shower and i was out the door within the hour.

AND LET ME TELL YA, my feet felt like bricks pounding on the pavement with every step i took. I found myself bopping to my iPod in Myer and having a great time browsing through clothes.

Plus i managed to see my best mate before i left. And unlike SOME PEOPLE i know, who didn't manage to say bye to me in person, he listened to me whine and get slightly emo before he met up with his boi for dinner. We giggled at silly things and roasted at the tram stop along Bourke Street.

It was short but memorable.

As time ticked on, Death circled around my eyes a few times and i made every effort to make sense of what was going on. I knew i was hungry and was craving for a sushi roll of some sort. And when it was time to say good-bye, it didn't quite hit me, as i darted my way through one topic to another. I felt like i was just going to see him the week after but in reality it may be in another 2 years.



So as i sat amongst a sea of empty chairs staring at the random bird pecking at left over rice, it hit. Trying not too be so dramatic staring out into space inhaling my duty free cigarette, i texted a friend since we were meant to meet up.

... we didn't.

But the sun was making her way down and i made one last walk back to H+K's house. And half way through packing i must have taken a snooze because i woke up an hour later with clothes all over the floor in an arranged mess.

And yes, i made it to the airport in time. OH and as as part of procedures after immigration, one must have their hand luggage scanned. So i'm thinking to myself... "RIGHT, i have no sharp objects and i'm not carrying anything illegal..." which is when the machine stops. The guy behind the monitor looks up at me and i'm looking panda eyed and forcing energy through my pores like there's no tomorrow.
Cute officer: "So who's the troublemaker here?"
Tourist: "Oh that would be me. Why am i in trouble?"
[He asks me to take out my laptop and run it through the machine. So i'm thinking, oh ok, nothing too serious. THEN the guy says out loud...]
Cute officer: "when you're done with that i want to ask you about your tattoo. Where did you get it done?"
And while we were both openly flirting with one another in front of other passengers and officers, i'm very sure i was blushing and being the "the shy" person that i am, i couldn't help but keep smiling and making direct eye contact and shyly looking away. And as much as i would have loved to keep chatting, there's just 'so much time' that one can hang out at the x-ray machine.

It's moments like those you wish your plane was delayed... ahahha. [Blonde Australian officer with a slight goatee and a labret... and VERY cute might i add. Damn... aahah. I wish i busted out my camera] Sigh.

Then as i grabbed my bags, i said thanks and our short public affair ended with an exchange of winks and coy smiles.

2 comments:

calvism said...

it's moments like these that put a smile on our face :P hehe

aww...moments

winkris said...

Calv: Yea, it's moments like those that make everything seem better than it really is.