Sunday, March 25, 2007

For the love of ink.

For some odd reason i woke up early today without the aid of an alarm clock. Slightly confused as i thought for a millisecond it was Monday and i had to be up for work. But as i lay on my bed staring at the sun peeking from underneath my curtains, i decided i would make an effort to venture outside today. Not necessarily having any plans but just so i could bask in the heat and be overwhelmed by the crowds.

I had planned to get inked when i was in Melbourne but due to the timing i wasn't able to. And me being indecisive with my design, i wasn't able to get it sorted before my departure.

So today, i made a trip down to see Frankie who owns Zoo Body Art Tattoos & Piercings. The tatt on my arm was done by one of his previous employees. I soon found out one of the reasons for him being fired was his poor workmanship. And seeing that i've done many of my piercings with Frankie, i trust his judgement and my arm holds proof of the guy's work.

Unfortunately, the day i got my tatt done [over a year ago], Frankie wasn't there to supervise and was quite apologetic after i explained to him that i wasn't quite happy with the end results. He agreed that my tatt needed to be touched up and would get his new artist to help me out. Unfortunately the guy was currently away and won't be back till the end of April. So when he's back i'll bring my original design and hopefully he can salvage and fix all the fuck ups that the previous artist did. And best of all, he's doing it for free.

I also figured since i'm going to get it touched up, i might as well add to it as well. I'm tempted to continue with the current design which will one day leave me with a full sleeve.

But i've got 3 other ideas i'm toying around with a] The number; 27, to be placed beside the star on my left wrist b] The words; Just Breathe, designed in such a way that it looks almost circular and placed on the back of my neck [i have a rough idea already] or c] Some organic pattern that i've seen done and takes up the upper half of the back from shoulder to shoulder.

And i'm giving myself a month to come up with something fantabulous and that will be Part II of my birthday present.

If you're wondering, OH MY FUCKING GAWD why would a girl do such horrific things to their body? Well a simple answer would be, because i can.

And after having a bit of a deep & meaningful convo with my sister online last night, she asked me a simple question...

"What makes you happy?" A familiar question a friend once asked me some time ago and i honestly couldn't answer it.

My sister continued with, ...it doesn't have to be big, it could be something little. It's those little things combined that makes all the difference. And after thinking about it for awhile, getting inked is what makes me happy. I do it for my own gratification and a reason to remember both good and bad chapters in my life in case one day i do forget.

I admit my life is far from being as dramatic as most. But like many, i've had some life altering moments and i continue to be in search of finding myself. Not to sound like a hippy or even the type to start hugging trees but one day i hope someone out there will love me for who i am and what i stand for. And if i'm lucky, maybe even take the time to want to know me.

2 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

imma work on me sleeve too!! :)
thinking about it makes me smile...weee.....!!


i feel ya babe!
*thumps chest*

winkris said...

ooOOooooer... can't wait to see it when it gets done.

*thumps chest* [doesn't know why tho... ahhah]