Friday, March 23, 2007

The Truth unveils itself.

It's hard to believe that just 2 weeks ago i was sitting on a plane and eager to land at my destination. And to think that i've managed to get through 5 days at work completing deadlines and reminiscing over my time abroad. It seems like Time is speeding up a notch and i'm still living in yesterday's thoughts.

I'm slowly trying to get back into the swing of things. I know the longer i dabble in self pity the worse i'll get. Oddly, i see things differently and just as i had predicted, my perspective on life has in fact changed.

Issues that once concerned me seem unimportant. Friendships that i held on to hoping that i'd be accepted seem so fake. Gratitude and honesty is lacking in so many places. Sometimes it's hard to tell what is genuine nowadays. We're all wrapped up in our own little white lies and guilt plays a major role. What is it with 'Guilt' that makes people 'act' all that and a bag of chips once they get laid. Immaturity? An inability to handle the aftermath.

...

I end up passing out with all the lights on and a half read article lying beside me before midnight. I haven't had to take anything to help me get to sleep for the last 2 weeks, so that's a good sign. In fact, the thought of crawling into bed sounds just about right.

The skinny latté from Coffee Bean just isn't cutting it and i crave an adrenalin rush. Which is probably why my colleagues bought me a t-shirt and wrist key holder for my birthday present. For when i do EVENTUALLY get my arse signed up at the gym. It's called the laziness syndrome.

And waiting to speak to my product manager just now, i decided to weigh myself on the scales in the office and i've lost a bit of weight. It's probably all the sweat i've shed in the past 2 weeks and all that walking around that i did whilst i was away. One would have thought with all that beer i consumed it would have balanced out.

I'm back to adjusting to the weather and feeling gutted that my time away was so short. So many things that i wish i had done and so many people i didn't get to meet up with.

I do wonder if i would feel this way if i were living there permanently? Probably not. I'm starting to think there's nothing left for me here and i'm slowly outgrowing my stay.

No comments: