Thursday, March 01, 2007

It just kept getting worse...

Today has to be one of the shittiest of shit days.

Not only was there no regular stream of taxis driving past in the morning but the one cab that i did eventually get must have JUST got his license because he drove soooOoo fuckin' slowly. Eventually i get to the office and i make it in time before i'm considered 'late'.

I arrive only to be greeted with MORE copy changes to a previous job. Changes i THOUGHT i had done yesterday. Perhaps i've developed some Selective Reading disorder because i had missed out on a few words and had even randomly placed a word on a different line.

Then just when i had thought i had my marketing leaflet sorted, my boss decides it doesn't work and i'm back to square one. Each time i tapped on the glass and showed my idea... SOMETHING just wasn't right. My table was littered with half a dozen mini mock-ups, eraser bits and scribbles.

WHAT THE FUCK? Irritated because i wasn't getting it and annoyed because i knew my boss wasn't happy. Worried that if i fuck up even more, i won't have a job to come back to.

Then my day got EVEN WORSE...

If that wasn't bad enough, i find out the files i had sent out for print for another job ends up being the wrong size and one of the images used wasn't high res enough. I had ASSUMED the F.A was correct seeing that it had already been done by a previous designer and i was only doing copy changes.

WHY ME? WHY NOW?

It took nearly 2 hours to redo the files and with the dispatch on his way, i was pressed for time. And just as i was burning the CD, i'm told there were mistakes! And after exchanging a few obscene words and yelling at my AE [but i later apologised to]...

THAT was it... i lost it!



I soon found myself running downstairs sucking the life out of my cigarette. I had to remove myself from the chaos before my urge to grab my mug and throw it against the window became a reality.

Crying out my frustrations and stress, i noticed staff from the nearby restaurant and random strangers staring. I didn't care that my eyes were puffed up, i didn't give a shit if my eyeliner was smeared. I continued to let my tears stain the dirty tiles. I had deadlines spewing out of my arse today and everything was fucking up!

Alas SOMETHING out there could sense my stress because eventually, my boss agreed to the new format and first thing tomorrow i have to JPEG the designs to him so he can send them to the client.

But it doesn't end there... tomorrow it's on to website ideas and more. Last night i hoped for a better tomorrow and instead i got the MOST messed up day!

So instead, i'm gonna take some meds to chill the fuck out and enter la la land skipping...

No comments: