Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Nice wine + Good Manners + Smooth Conversation = Digestible

I am alive and was not hijacked by some psychotic stalker.

In fact i had a great evening last night. Fortunately for us there was no awkwardness and i didn't have to slow down my speech nor did i have to repeat myself because i sometimes mumble. No i did not trip up and neither did i dribble wine down my top.

Overall i give the boy credit for his good manners and his punctuality.

He opted to go casual in his 3/4s, tshirt and sandals. But i was slightly over dressed even though i was only wearing my regular jeans, heels and black top. I say "boy" because he is only slightly younger than me, 6 days in fact. So i guess i'm doing ok in the Age department and don't have to worry that he's JUST left his teenage years.

So anyway my efforts of slipping on heels was not put to waste. Although i did forewarn him that me and heels is a rare sight, which i'm thinking he was quite grateful and continued to compliment me. [Or he was just trying to get in my good books and figured that would give him brownie points].

And it was a nice change to know that someone out there is actually interested to find out more about me and was as persistent in taking me out. Apparently the first time we met was way back when i had long hair and i'm talking REALLY long hair down to my hips. And according to him i was quite tipsy at the members bar at Zouk. And after a short chat i disappeared back into the crowd and it had been months since we bumped into one another again.

And before anyone starts thinking did WE do anything nasty, my answer to that is NO. Neither one of us took advantage of one another that night or last night. Our evening ended with him driving me back home in one piece.

But wait, there's more...

"MORE?" You say.

Yeah, i'm guessing half way through our bottle of wine he figured he could handle my long winded side of me and asked whether i wanted to watch a movie and figured he seemed harmless so i agreed. So yes there will be a date #2. So i guess we'll see how tonight goes eh?

But today is Labour Day and AnBloodyMumNohMore and i are champions of Loser Ville. We are both in the office doing work instead of taking advantage of our day off. Let's just hope i don't pass out in the movie theatre because he's only managed to get the 11.30pm tickets because the earlier ones are sold out.

4 comments:

Duke said...

come on buddy..

tell us what reeally happened..

winkris said...

ahahhaha... maaaaaaate! =

Anonymous said...

ok so let me get this straight. you went on a date and didn't even tell your sister???? *gasp*

whoishewhatdoeshedowheredidyoumeetandhowwasthemovie.

LOVE you <3 <3
..boobers

winkris said...

Seriously, it was totally last minute! Plus i've done an update... see above.

love you toooOOooo.