Tuesday, May 08, 2007

A Drive-By Dress Drop Off

Somewhere between polishing off a whiskey + water and aiming towards reaching for the ice cubes for another round i mumbled to YC that i hadn't found a dress yet for the Gala dinner. Which was when she blurted out "don't waste your money... you can borrow one of mine".

The thought of me squeezing into one of her dresses seemed like a miracle. But she assured me that i would fit. Which was around the time that i wished i hadn't cancelled my gym membership and had gotten into swimming laps and toning up. But that thought was short lived because i just drowned it with another drink.

So in an intoxicated state i agreed and didn't think much of it.

...

Today was a case of rushing out visuals and trying to get approvals after another. Those last minute changes meant i was glued to the seat wishing i was elsewhere [not much change there].

That was until this afternoon when i received a call from hers truly and she managed to find a few pieces that would fit me. But with my lack of wheels and erratic work schedule, i found myself still in the office later than expected.

A much needed ice cold pint was the next on my agenda. With stress levels rising in the office, a quick getaway to our friendly neighbor was probably the best idea anyone had.

With work stresses and an 8 months old tomcat who has figured out the ultimate way to get my attention in the middle of the night is by pissing on my duvet WHILST i'm sleeping under it, is enough to not only wake me up but start my day in a huff.

Much respect to AnBloodyMumNohMore who has been rushing to complete an Annual Report and despite barely sleeping the past week, she is a mother + holds a full-time job. She had no choice but pick up her 14 months old daughter from the sitter's and bring her to the office after work. So there we were babysitting the little bub for an hour and whilst i sipped on a Tiger it was enough to realise that my maternal instincts had not kicked in!

It wasn't long after did YC and the case of the Drive-By Dress Drop Off happened. And instead of the dodgy pirated DVD swap that usually happens in the area, i returned to the office with 3 cocktail dresses and the responsibility of taking care of someone elses' belongings.

...

I came home and couldn't wait to strip down and hit the shower. Excited to try on the dresses since it had been awhile since i wore anything formal. Unfortunately where i lack in cup size i happily fill out around the waist and various other areas. Maybe i'm just being paranoid but since i cut my hair short it is rare for me to show so much of my back/upper body. My super long hair was my security blanket and with that gone, i'm still trying to adjust to what was hidden behind.

But i just wanna say THANKS SO MUCH YC for letting me try them on anyway.

So if i don't manage to find a dress at BV2 during lunch, i guess i have no choice but look towards my trusty ole' 'so 6 years ago' dress. I foresee Thursday as being a VERY STRESSFUL DAY!

No comments: