Wednesday, May 23, 2007

We all go through phases.

In the early 90s i wore deep maroon matte lipstick from Poppy. And covered my feet with my much loved 8-hole Doc Martens and paired them with big white fluffy socks and oversized Tshirts and boxers. I was really into baby doll dresses too.

When that phase passed i decided that wherever i went i HAD to wear heels. I had a fetish for platforms at one point. Perhaps that was my attempt to look A LOT older than i was. I was in denial that i was 'petite.' [I don't like platforms anymore]

Then...

by the late 90s when i was in Melbourne i fell in love with knee high boots better known as FMBs [FuckMeBoots]. I later got into the rave scene and back into my childhood days of multi-coloured madness.

Then...

by the beginning of the 21st century i moved to Bangkok temporarily and realised it was too damn hot to wear all those clothes and shoes that i once loved. I turned to denim skirts and singlets and preferred to wear slippers.

Then...

i eventually grew out of those skirts and transformed my look once again. This time my wardrobe resembled that of a tomboy. I chopped off my metre plus long hair and sported the shortest look i could. I then handed in my skirts and tailored tops for tight baby Ts, boy 3/4s and oversized trousers.

Currently...

i'm weaning myself off that phase and even attempting to bring back covered shoes into my look! *dusts off her heels* A look i like to call my Girlified stage. Bring on the accessories, simple designed cuts and now i'm patiently waiting for my hair to grow. Perhaps NOW is the time that i stop dressing like i'm still in high school and then just MAYBE i might attract someone closer to my age range.

*shrugs* ...

So i'll start with my accessories. Yesterday i bought myself this really cute necklace...




I found this gorgeous little shop opposite my friends sister's shop, Goss:ps in Bangsar. It's called Mooie, it opened not too long ago and it's on the same row as Cats Whiskers on Jalan Telawi 2.

My colleague's friend own's the store and so i decided to drop by. Whether it's the unique designed tags [i'm a sucker for good design], the overall concept [spacious and attention to detail is evident] or the quirky pieces [the items], everything seems to gel. Overall most of the pieces are wearable [be it day or night], their colour palette is up my alley and best of all they're affordable.

3 words: I LOVE IT.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

before u know it, kahwin and then have kids... all fashion sense goes down the drain...

winkris said...

Well that's NOT entirely true. I know SOME well dressed mamas out there =p

But OhGoodGod... the big M ain't nowhere near my plate. I continue to frolic solo in the meadows... ahahha.

Unknown said...

what's the tune u'll be humming as u skip amongst the lalang?

winkris said...

"She'll be comin' 'round the mountains when she comesssss..."

Unknown said...

is that the 12in version? hip hop mix?

winkris said...

12in fo'sure!