Friday, May 18, 2007

Ik spreek geen Nederlands

My day couldn't get any more busier.

Woke up early so i could get a lift to work with AnBloodyMumNohMore because i had to bring Satan's Spawn to the vet so he could get his nuts chopped off. I had no intention of breeding him and yes i believe he can smell another lady kitty in the neighborhood.

His non-stop meowing and his need to mark his territory has gone a bit out of hand. Every time i'm at home i've had to keep a close eye on him incase he starts pretending to dig an imaginary hole in the ground. If only it didn't look so silly, i'd be pro-nappies for kitties.

Unfortunately, my tomcat is not a sucker for catnip so i can't bribe him even though he's already grown bored of his toys.

So last night i had to keep him in his carrier because i was in no position to be woken up in the middle of the night to the smell of piss wafting past my nose. And i was in no position to drag my sorry arse self to do an emergency clean up in the middle of the night.

But if it's not his repetitive meows that could wake up my neighbors it was me trying to hack up a lung. I think i'm not well.

The Dutch Embassy was shut yesterday, as my dad and i found out when we got out of the lift and an A4 sheet was pasted on the glass door to say they were closed. My dad was/is super sweet because he happened to be on this side of the country for a business meeting and had planned it in such a way to help me with the application forms because a) i don't speak Dutch b) i don't understand Dutch c) I'm useless when it comes to being Dutch. However, i am proud to carry a Dutch Middle name and surname *waves her little patriotic flag*

Then during lunch today i had to take a cab to Ampwalk Mall so i could sign a particular piece of paper to be scanned for my passport. Feeling like shit i knew i had to drag my weak self there before it closed. I noticed a parked taxi waiting up front and in a delicate yet husky voice told the driver my destination.

I couldn't have picked a worse time to go, it's Friday, lunch time and it was prayer time. But the super nice taxi driver waited and later brought me back to where he picked me up. Best part was, the cab was heaps spacious and it wasn't stinking of stale body odor or some cheap car air purifier.

I got back to the office to try and sieve through my already flooded email account. Deadlines are fast approaching to meet various publications and i have a headache just thinking about it.


I should really take my cough syrup but not before i eat my "i pity you" Strawberry + Chocolate meringue from Delicious that my colleague bought for me.



No comments: