Friday, May 11, 2007

Bass Agents: Rising Personalities Award 2007

There used to be a time that i could stay out all night and still look relatively alive the next day. I won't even begin by telling you how stressed i was yesterday.

So busy looking for a dress to wear at Martell's Rise Above: Rising Personalities Award 2007 that i didn't even have to time to regurgitate my thoughts.

I must have tried on at least a dozen dresses. It had gotten to the point where i was close to hyperventilating [due to a serious case of indecisiveness and sudden sprints around the block]. I even snuck in my camera to take shots of each dress so i could get a second [fifth] opinion from my colleagues.

My only dress i bought was 6 years ago and it still hangs in my closet. [I should really make an effort to dress more like a girl shouldn't i?]

It was six o'clock in the evening by the time i made a decision. At one point i even considered splurging RM700+ on a Ted Baker dress. Why? Because i was desperate for something. In fact ANYTHING flattering that didn't make me look like a wrapped up sausage. I had to drag my very camp colleague so i could get his honest opinion. Even though i was THIS close to charging RM600+ to my name.

I spoke to my dad on the phone and he voiced out his utmost disapproval of me spending THAT much money on a dress. And yes common sense did kick in eventually. And my parents knowing me too well, he saved me from hating myself in the morning.

But the stress of not being able to find a dress and knowing that time was of essence, it overtook my concentration. I found myself sprinting up and down the stairs more times than needed, for the main reason that i couldn't make up my mind on what dress.

Which probably explains why my arse feels like i've just competed in a Step Machine marathon. *thinks* BUNS OF STEEL!


[Check out BA Pimpstress' photos at winkris.multiply.com/photos/album/22]

Chook and i arrived late because we missed the turning AND because i left the office late. Sorry. And as a result we missed the first course but according to Ben we didn't miss that much.

It was a sit down dinner but i was unable to eat majority of the food being served [due to the fact that i don't eat meat. I am a pescatarian]. So whilst Stoopidfish had his plate piled up, i ended up savoring my ONE piece of chocolate. I soon lost interest in my blanched vegetables and turned towards Martell to save me.

I still never got my bread roll.

No comments: