Thursday, May 31, 2007

One too many paper cuts

Between being informed of a new work structure and getting back into the social scene, i have to admit i'm bloody knackered and my eyes feel puffed up. I'm convinced i may have missed my dose yesterday because my brain has been hurting since last night [a sure tell tale sign].

Anyway, a bunch of us stayed back after hours to help my colleague do 14 brochure mock ups in 4 hours. YES FOURTEEN! It didn't help that both the printers in the office decided to have temporary brain aneurysms.

It's strange how printers do that!

Just when there's a crucial deadline to meet they all decide to fuck up on us. It's a conspiracy i tell ya! It's Technology's way of saying that they are in control!

So as we were twiddling our thumbs hoping for the technician to fix the printer whilst the other installed the software for a temporary SuperDooper printer on AnBloodyMumNohMore's computer, we all oogled over the fact that it could print double page spreads and that the colours were oh so crisp *drools*



At one point it felt like i was back in an Advertising agency with having to stay back to make a jillion mock-ups whilst inhaling pizza/McD's. It was past midnight by the time we all got home.

I spent the next 2 hours sitting in front of the tv because my brain had yet to wind down. It must have been the coke that i drank earlier because as much as i was exhausted my brain refused to shut up. I then spent the next half an hour trying to avoid Satan's spawn rice grain teeth. He has these psychotic mid-morning attacks occasionally and i find myself hiding beneath the covers gasping for air.

But since his gems were taken from him, he has decided that spooning my feet is his ticket to comfort. I guess it's a helluvalot better than being pissed on.

No comments: