Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Embedded into my subconscious.

I dream the same dream over and over. The theme is usually similar.

It always evolves around HIM and HER.

I check into a hotel, that so happens to be their permanent getaway. The front desk manager has put me in the room next door with only a connecting door separating us.

Somehow i unlock the door and i'm faced with everything i've always dreaded to see. There are two single mattresses taken off the bed frame and positioned side by side. Their body heat can still be seen stained on the sheets.

I scan the room to see a pair of most things in the room. Two different alarm clocks, two types of paper back novels and an array of monochromatic coloured clothes hung loosely over the chair.

As if i'm seeing myself in 3rd person, i'm projected back in my room and there's a woman seated opposite from me. She seems to act like my shrink but more of a mother figure. She's telling me in great detail that they just found out that she's expecting a child.

[I don't know why she's telling me this].

I have this image of him running to the nearby pharmacist to purchase those pregnancy tests. As they wait for the marked window on the plastic stick to resemble a cross, he holds her hand as time slows down.

This is when the camera angle shifts and he's holding her in his embrace.
.
.
.
[My heart sinks]

It's positive.

But this is when my dream transforms itself into an Alice in Wonderland type scenario. A scene i've never seen before. I walk around in an abandoned house surrounded by luscious greenery. It leads me to a vast amount of water and i see a dolphin break through the surface and disappear, only then to be replaced by another. But i'm hesitant to reach out and touch it.

There's a sense of peace in the atmosphere.

...

"Dolphins are intelligent and friendly animals, and have often been known to rescue drowning people at sea. Therefore, they have long been symbols of compassion, helpfulness, empathy, and caring.

1. If you’re beset with troubles, dreaming of a dolphin could mean that help from someone who cares is on the way.

2. Playing with a dolphin implies that happier, more carefree times are on the way.

3. Encountering several dolphins hints that you are, or soon will be, surrounded by a circle of friends who will provide you with a valuable support system." [source]


Can it be true? There's hope after all.

No comments: