Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Dressin' feminine attracts all sorts.

"OK fine! I'll make an effort to dress more feminine to work" i mumbled.

"... It's not to attract anyone but purely for self satisfaction. It'll do you some good."

So basically, she could have just said, "... for fucks sake make an effort! You look like shit woman."

She continued with, "It could be as simple as going out to buy new lingerie and tossing out those granny undies" [picture the scene when Bridget Jones has those tummy hugging undies on].
Let me state that i do NOT own granny undies. I have 2 drawers full of various kinds of undergarments but i have a preference towards little boy shorts. But i have to admit it's always nice to know that one is wearing something a little saucy underneath something that looks relatively plain.

Anyway, i'm not sure at what point i decided that wearing boys' 3/4s and baby Ts would be my daily uniform. It surely isn't flattering and neither does it shout LOOK AT ME. But then again, i'm not out to please anyone but myself.

Comfort i know is one important factor plus usually being the only girl in the group meant that dressing down would only make sense. "Trying" to blend in would be the more appropriate word to use. I think as i got older, reality smacked some sense into me and that my growth spurt had officially ended a long time ago. Yes, denial would be the perfect word to use.

I woke up this morning to hear the pitter patter of raindrops falling on the rooftop. I took my time to get ready and although i was tempted to throw on my usual "uniform", i swore i would dress more feminine.

So i swept my hair back and secured the loose ends with clips. Slipped on a Little Match Girl Black top, a white skirt that fell just at the knees and opted for flat shoes. [I reserve heels for special occasions]. One could describe the look as quite prim and proper.

And as i made my journey down the driveway with a just lit cigarette, i noticed a black car [what kind, i didn't examine that closely] stop beside me. Thinking that the driver had stopped to inform me that the end of my skirt had tucked itself under and allowed my arse to expose itself, i paused and consciously pulled down my skirt.

The woman behind the wheel stopped to ask if i needed a ride.

A ride? Where did all this generosity come from? I questioned whether karma was treating me well today. I was perfectly ok with waiting for a taxi but oh well.

I know my parents told me never to accept candy or rides from strangers. But those milliseconds of sussing this person out, i figured she seemed harmless [don't they all]. Once in her car i checked around to make sure she wasn't going to bash my head with any object or some midget was hiding in the back seat waving a blade around like a crazed Chucky.

I then asked if she lived in the same compound but she went on to say she was dropping off a friend. More specifically her girlfriend. So i'm thinking, females nowadays loosely use the term "girlfriend" when referring to a friend who happen to be a female. So i didn't think much about it. I reckon she was in her late 20s, OK-looking, she seemed pleasant/honest looking even though she hid behind her D&G sunnies.

Was that a fashion statement or was she in fact cross-eyed?

Never mind that it was cloudy and the sky was spitting. Our short 5 minute or so drive meant our conversation was limited to what we do for a living. She continued to ramble on about how she worked as a freelance modeling agency and how she used to do cat walks... blah blah blah.

When approaching my office i thanked her and said it was nice meeting her. She replied with, "That's ok, just make sure next time you see me you say hi. Make sure yea!?" As if she wanted me to "pinky swear" right after.

So i'm thinking, hang on!

That's a strange way to say bye. Sounding slightly possessive perhaps? Has she seen me before and i've just been so blur that i hadn't payed attention? I have issues remembering what i did yesterday, how am i going to remember a complete stranger especially since i only got to see the left side of her face and she was seated the whole time.

But nevertheless, i thought that was quite nice of her to give a complete stranger a lift. I'd like to think it's because i made an effort to look nice today. But my colleague is convinced it's the rose quartz that i had on that lured the chick to pick me up.

NAH! I don't think so. Maybe there are nice people in this world after all *shrugs*
...

On other news, a certain someone has invaded my thoughts lately. And that someone, i don't mean my ex. It's probably just a phase, maybe just one of those drunken infatuations. It'll pass... they usually do.

I'm just being silly. I'm just frustrated with work... with life... with everything!

*Goes back to slaving away at work*

2 comments:

Duke said...

i love you buddy. i love reading your stories. keep them coming.

And if you dont mind i think you meant shave not slave....

akakakakakakakakkak

winkris said...

Heya buddy!!! We miss you!

Yeaaaa... cause shaving at the office is soOOoo hygienic.

Anyway, the men in this office are either married or happy campers... so it wouldn't make a difference =p