Monday, May 21, 2007

Total confusions!

I've just returned home from work not too long ago and i am super tired. It's only Monday and i'm dreading the next few days.

My day has been confused with one too many emails from a client that could have easily written me one clear detailed and informative message. But nooOOooo, i was bombarded with at least 2 dozen emails and now i have a mailbox that i am afraid to open.

Everyone will know that impatience doesn't work in anyone's favor. So when i'm at the peak of oncoming tasks and i have to rely on others for things that aren't done, it not only makes me nervous but agitated.

It's during times of stress when there's no time to waste. Fueled with concentration and tension, it's moments like these that i have to remember to breathe, to take things step by step and hope i don't keel over and have a mini heart attack. And as my colleague likes to remind me, "... this too shall pass..." any time she sees me in a crisis and i'm starting to panic.

My desk has random scribbles on nearby scraps of paper to remind me of things i have to do. There are no fancy words or lengthy explanations, they're simple, straight to the point bullet points.

I guess that's how i usually deal with most people. Obviously this is after i size them up and determine their character. But if they want something done and vice versa, people should just come right out and say it. As they say, don't beat around the bush. Don't be afraid to ask and if you think you sound stupid, well you won't know until you ask. And most of the time it's just your inner voice psyching you up.

Seriously, those who know me will say i don't sugar coat and i say it how it is. Some people will find that intimidating whilst others will applaud me for my honesty. At the end of the day, i know i'm different from most but then again, for all i know you and i may think alike.

OK seriously, i think i've totally gone on a tangent... again.

I'm feeling slightly unmotivated, uncreative, frustrated and bored. Sometimes i wonder if i wasn't a graphic designer who/where/what would i be?

3 comments:

calvism said...

"Sometimes i wonder if i wasn't a graphic designer who/where/what would i be?"

i actually think about it all the time :P hehe (u'r not alone in that department)

winkris said...

They also say, the grass is always greener on the other side. But then again, one needs to go through a lot of shit to realise there really isn't that much of a difference no matter where one goes.

One just has to look at it from a different perspective. I guess it's only human nature to crave for more.

[don't mind me... work stress is preventing me from passing out]

calvism said...

i see where u'r coming from. don't let greed eats us alive :P

no worries, don't stress yourself too much! i ain't having a blast here either :P UV Nation in 2 weeks! woot haha