Wednesday, May 02, 2007

My past lingers in my subconscious.



I know it probably doesn't mean anything but the re-occurance of my ex in my dreams keeps coming back. If anything they are as casual as us just going on a road trip and just spending time with one another. Just as if we used to once upon a time.

I see more of him in my subconscious than i do in real life. In fact, i cut all contacts with him, for my own selfish reasons to try to get over him. Plus mentally it didn't help the situation. And as much as i'd love to scroll down in my address book and just call to say "hey how are ya?" I stop seconds before hitting the DIAL button.

I miss him.

As a friend of course, after all he was my best friend for 10 years and my boyfriend for 8. In public we both agreed we were more like best friends than the typical boyfriend/girlfriend. Behind closed doors we were like rabbits. I was so in love despite the fact we had barely anything in common.

But as my mom said, it's been 2 years already, he's probably still with his girlfriend and is getting on with his life. In other words, i think it's a good idea that you get along with yours.

I am. I'm trying. They know. I think he knows.


I'm trying to get on with my life but that doesn't mean i don't miss having him in my life.

Whether or not he's still with his girlfriend or even with a new partner, i'd rather just assume that he is. Recently i even dreamt that he was engaged. It gives me a reason to stay away. I'm hoping that he's ok and hopefully he hasn't forgotten about me.

Sometimes i wonder whether he even thinks of me. For all i know he probably reads this blog to check if i'm still alive and isn't the type to intrude.

I remember when he went traveling i would send him detailed emails of my daily activities. He would then comment about how detailed i was and that it helped him imagine how my day was. [I think it was his polite way of saying my long winded-ness was my speciality].

But it's been so long since we spent time with one another. But i'm sure if we were to spend an afternoon with one another it would be like old times.

*Sigh*

Oh well. I guess they're right when they say memories last a lifetime. Suddenly the good outweighs the bad.

No comments: