Sunday, May 13, 2007

One shade darker + a belly full of alcohol = my weekend.

The past weekend was anything but boring.

I think it may have started when i went to a friends' 21st birthday at Passion. Not only were we surrounded by young blood but we sat perched by one of the tables not too far away from the parents table. We stood out like a bunch of sore thumbs. For a split second i even thought i was back in high school just as the DJ announced that the birthday girl and boyfriend were going to have a COUPLES DANCE.

What the...?

The moment was captured by at least half a dozen giggling girls. It was truly a sight to be seen, so much excitement all fueled by sugar.

So we continued to drink our beers whilst non-alcoholic beverages littered the nearby tables. I honestly can say that was the FIRST sober 21st i've ever been to. But i'm sure once the parents exited, out came the bottles.

By midnight i was already yawning and so i wished the birthday girl farewell.

And as if Life was trying to tell me something, i couldn't help but think... ahhh fuck, CHRISSIE IS AGING! "Seriously... i cannot make it."
.
.
.

Saturday was a classic case of Spur of the Moment deals. Instead of my usual hibernation ritual, by lunch time i found myself spending the day roasting by Mr CANCELLATION's pool with some friends. I figured since it was the weekend, it only made sense to continue on my alcoholic binge.

So lager was the flavor for the arvo.

One shade darker and thankful that i slathered on SPF for once since i am forever guilty for forgetting to apply any protective cover. *Stares at her hands showing signs of aging.*

Seriously, i tan like a bitch and flaunting white skin has never been part of my vocabulary. The closest i've gotten to snow white was being called 'pasty'.

Not the best of looks.



But MAYBE it was the sun...

Or perhaps the beer was responsible for my hasty decision making because i had agreed to go to Velvet later on. YES! The very place i cringe at and for some reason feel out of place. A place filled with pompous bitches and the hub where pretty people congregate. [Which is probably why you'll rarely see me in there]. But i figured, fuck it... i might as well, it's the company that matters.

Slightly sun stroked and eager to show off my one day tan [which wasn't so obvious] i opted for a skirt and heels. And according to Terence, i looked "decent" [which i'm not quite sure if that meant to be a complement or a put down] so i replied with, "Thanks!"

I guess dressing girly has it's advantages. I admit it's nice to hear random compliments sometimes.

And although i bumped into a few faces that were familiar and we had a bit of a chat, the vibe was much different from back in the day. But then again if my memory serves me correctly, those were some interesting days. I guess over time people change and it's one of those things that people just have to accept.

We ain't getting any younger!


But i am happy to announce there was NO scandalous behavior [this time... ehhehe], in fact i kept a low profile and allowed my taste buds adjust to the sweetness of Black Label. I spent a good portion of the night crackin' up as Mr. CANCELLATION acted out his usual BrucelyBrewst self.

And you know what? I even got the whole universal shoulder shimmy dance thang goin on *gasps*

Seriously, it's no wonder so many girls are lovin' it... it's totally ghettoOOooo.


No comments: