Monday, May 07, 2007

So what if i'm scared. It's much easier this way.

"Did he call?"

"Who called?"

"The guy you went on a date with."

"OH. Him. Yea but i didn't hear my phone and i left it as a missed call"

...

"You know it's not nice to not call back."

"I know, i know. I'll send him a message tomorrow
[today]. I just don't want him to think i'm leading him on. In case he gets mixed messages."

"Fair enough. I'm guessing there wasn't an attraction, right? No chemistry. Can i just ask, are you scared of relationships? I understand that you would be especially after what you went through..."

...


And that's when it hit me. Is she right? They say mothers know everything. Have i reached the point that when i meet a person that shows some interest in my background and want me more than a conquest, i'll be the first to run the opposite direction?

"So there was no chemistry?" she said.

I think deep down both my parents wish for me to find a certain someone... a person to keep me happy. Maybe bring a little Life back into my heart. [And again that gawd damn saying, "i ain't getting any younger" is on repeat].

But i honestly, could not imagine myself getting down and dirty with this bloke. As much as i tried to imagine it whilst i sipped my wine and he sat cross legged across from me.

There was NOTHING.

Just how some boys imagine undressing an attractive stranger that walks by. I honestly couldn't see myself ripping off my clothes any time soon in front of this guy and having a raw, sweaty session with this individual.

Seriously, i may be a visual person but if a bloke is somewhat interested but there isn't a smidgen of sexual chemistry going on, chances are i won't let him get past a peck on the cheek. And with the case of Date #2, 2 dates in a row is a HUGE accomplishment for this little lass. I am in no position to be tied down [metaphorically of course]. I am in no rush to be swept off my feet and anything too serious scares me.

When it comes to playing the field i'd rather not know anything about the person but yet i prefer that the other is not a complete stranger. It makes it easier to dismiss should it not work out. Plus when emotions get roped in, that's when it gets messy. Which is where many women fail because they get emotional and forget the no-strings-attached motto.

But is that what i've become ever since i opened my heart and let my emotions get ahead of me. LOOK what happened... it fucked me up big time.

I don't want to get wrapped up in something and risk having it spat back in my face. Which is probably why i have ended up the way i have... Single and using work commitments as my escape. And should opportunities come flying by than so be it, they are just temporary bonuses.

But i have learned to take every moment as it is. I don't hope for anything more and neither do i regret anything that's happened. Trust me, it makes Life easier to digest especially accompanied with a couple of adult beverages.

No comments: