Monday, July 03, 2006

5 more minutes

So today i woke up late for work... again.

I am convinced that my bionic hearing has disappeared due to all the haze and noise pollution in this country. Worst part is, despite having 4 alarms that go off at 15 minute intervals, i somehow manage to find the snooze button in record time. And miraculously manage to find the off button when i'm in transit between my subconscious and reality.

I keep telling myself, 5 minutes... 5 more minutes. But in real time those 5 minutes ends up being an hour.

By the time i peep open my eyes to try and focus on the green digits, i realise it's 10am and like a jack-in-a-box, you'll see me jump out of bed and haul my arse towards the shower. One would think the first words of the day would be, "Good morning", "What a glorious day it is today" or "What a great sleep i had last night..." But nooOooo, it's usually, "Ah FUCK, i'm late for work!"

Great way to start the day eh?

By the time i get to the office, it's nearing 10.30am. I'm racing up the stairs hoping that if i run fast enough, nobody will notice. YEA, I DON'T THINK SO. I may be little but i ain't invisible.

So i get to the office and the code that one has to press to open the door is so damn loud, one is bound to look up from their desk to see this pint and a half sized individual pretending like nothing happened [remember: don't make eye contact til you get your arse to your desk]. Mind you, i do fill in the extra hour of being semi-late by staying back from work. Nothing happens and end up chatting with my colleague about my dodgey DVD player that i've got tucked under my arm.

Dodgey DVD player story:
So like a stubborn bitch, it refuses to play and when it does, it goes through this hissy fit of pixelating the screen. And just as i'm about to verbalise an array of colourful vulgarities... the bitch decides to go to standby. Seriously, what the fuck!? My patience runs low and i'm like fuck that...

So over lunch i return my new Sharp DVD player that i just bought on Friday. And guess what i return to the office with... a vacuum cleaner... eheheh. My colleagues see me and are like, huh? Weren't you carrying a DVD player? I'm like, yea i was but i need to clean my apartment... so i made an exchange. Couldn't be arsed with the DVD player... it ain't so sharp afterall. Hmmmph.

Well noOOooow... *fingers crossed hoping that my Astro connection works soon!*

---

By 5.30pm I get a call from Staav who's from Melbourne, i've never met the bloke and he's down in KL for a holiday with his mate, Ling Ling Chicken Wing [don't ask why that name came about but apparently that's one of his nicknames]. They're wondering what to do and if there's anywhere to go for drinks. Nah mate, it's Monday, majority of people are still recovering from the weekend. But i suggest Bangsar and meet up with them at TSB, eager to digest some beer and i order the jug prior to them arriving.

Lainey and Chook meet up later. After a few jugs of beer Staav's well drunk and blames the humidity for his drunkedness... ahahah... fuckin' weak! And we're all reminiscing over the scene in Melbourne and how it "used" to be like in 2002 when Hard Kandy was at it's peak.

By 11.30pm i'm starting to get a bit peckish... so we say our farewells and chook, lainey and i head to Hartamas Square and i practically inhale my pizza and some tofu. Which so happens to expand quicker than my stomach is able to digest it.

Which leaves me to where i am now. At home, still full and hoping that the week will go by fast and so i can welcome the weekend with open arms. This friday is a 7aste event at Ruums... so that'll be good fun... ahhh the only love in my life at the moment: music and booze... How fucking sad and depressing is that!

Well i better get some shut eye soon. And i'm sure in a few hours i'll hear those perky words of motivation, "Ah FUCK, i'm late for work!"

No comments: