Friday, July 28, 2006

No Sleep for the Wicked!

I fuckin' did it!
  • Logo
  • Poster x 1
  • Newsletter x 1
  • Brochure cover x 3
  • Folder
  • Mass Flyer layout [front + back]
Three days in a row staying over night in the office battling the blood sucking daemons and trying to get my creative juices flowing is not an easy task. I managed to sneak in about 2 hours sleep at around 6am and by the time i woke up, the cleaning lady was already here and as i lay on the bean bags motionless, i wanted to disappear INTO the ground and remain there.

But i peeled myself off and lost that 'comfy spot' which i might add, will NEVER find again. And jumped back on the computer to continue with the leaflet.

And in the past 4 days i have slept... *counts all the cat nap times on the bean bags, missions to downstairs to attend to my nicotine habit and the brief visits to my bedroom: office > shower > office* = 9 hours!!! [give or take an hour or two].

And best of all, i wasn't frantically running around trying to finish half done collateral. I actually managed my time properly and even had 15 minutes spare. Well done Chrissie! I AM fucking superwoman! First time i have done 3 nights in a row with barely any sleep... sober and fuelled with caffeine and Off! Bug spray.

So now i'm waiting for my colleague to get back cause she's gone to get me some lunch and then i'm gonna trot along home and veg out in front of the tv and do nothing that involves heavy duty thinking or creativity.

THANK FUCKING GOD it's Friday... Tomorrow will be at Recharge's 50th Anniversary featuring Bass Agents... xox.

4 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

wooo this episode sounds extremely familiar...
sucks nuts eh!!!!!
thank god it was four years ago though...heee

anyways...well done...!!
just don't start getting high on insect repellent every now and then ok

winkris said...

Well it wasn't sooOooo bad. The shittiest part is actually trying to rack your brain for a decent idea and then actually DOING IT.

I remember working at my previous company and did a nearly 200 page book [complete with images and layout including FA...] in fucking 2 weeks!

Merely a miracle and i nearly killed myself doing it... now THAT was fuckin hardcore!!! And will NOT do again!

BUT YEA... THANKEW! =)

Ms. Redd said...

*faints* at the 200page book...!
u graphic geek person...! haha

that is supah madness yo

ah well...but then again, as the old saying goes "what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger" hur hur

winkris said...

yea man... totally! [Probably one of the best things i did for my previous company]. And it was for a pitch as well.

After submission, we submitted it to the GPC...

They have this thing called "The 7+ Principle: It's about setting superior standards for ourselves"...

"To make sure that the company lives up to this standard, a Global Product Committee (GPC), which is a collection of top creative and brand executives from across the LB network, meets every quarter to evaluate the creative performance of all our offices around the world."

Getting a 7 is like close to a miracle... i scored 7.3 =)

I'm no graphic geek person... i'm just stupid and don't keep to the KISS Rule [Keep It Simple Stupid Rule < told to me recently by my writer aka Possom].