Wednesday, July 12, 2006

I lost my Baby i never had!

Some of you may remember me going on about how super dooper excited i was to be getting a spankin' new black macbook way back in May 2006. And how over the moon i would be to pay by a 12 month interest free easy payment.

YEA well... NOT ANYMORE!

So i called the Gallant Mac Store in Mid Valley day before yesterday to speak with the guy i had originally put my order with. [Originally, he was stationed at the Gallant store in Bangsar Village... fine].

So i called and was like "Hi, i called you last week to ask about my MacBook that i ordered and you said you'd call me back on Friday"... "And you didn't return my call."

"Oh yesssss, sorry... I'm trying to get a hold of the suppliers... let me call you back."
[Yea sure, he probably forgot and wants to cover his arse! SWINE.]

So there i was holding on to what little hope i had that i would ACTUALLY be a proud owner of a spankin' new black MacBook! And give my ghetto arse laptop the finger.

Then my phone rings... it's him.

** [insert lengthy conversation]

Basically, i can't remember word for word but the story is... there is some issues on the suppliers side and they WON'T BE ORDERING IT IN. MOTHERFUCKERS!

I'm like, "Huh?" Thinking i heard incorrectly and hoping that it was just the statick"
...

"So what does that mean, i've waited for nearly 2 months and you're telling me that i'm NOT getting my MacBook?"
[I mean, the main reason i went to them was cause i could pay in installments. Well now fuck, now what?]

"Yes, i'm so sorry". [He suggests that i go to the Mac store at Low Yat.]

So because i was not much of a mood to argue and was already in a fucked up state. My next step was to call the Mac store at Low Yat... i contacted the same Mr NiceMacStore guy who lent me his G4 when my ghetto arse laptop wouldn't allow me to connect to the internet via the USB internet thingy.

So i call the guy and ask whether they have the easy payment system and whether they accept HSBC credit cards.
  1. Yes they have the easy payment installments and there's a special deal RM5999 + comes with FREE speakers... woOOoooh [i should really be paid for pimpin for them... ehehhe].
  2. They only have it for Maybank (4% initial interest fee) and SCB (2% initial interest fee).
So i'm thinking, Well fuck... i don't own a Maybank or a Standard Chartered Bank credit card, there goes my super-dooper-fantabafuckinlicious black 80gb MacBook and a chance to listen to my tunes through sexy quality speakers... *sob sob*

So my BIG fat motherfuckin dilemma is... *drum roll* Should i charge RM6k on my card for a yummy black MacBook and figure out some way to save a shit load of money, so i'm not in debt for years to come.

OR

Buy a little, itty bitty digital camera, so i can document future HS and BAXX events... and join the camwhore community... then wait til i can actually afford to pay for a new MacBook at one shot.

Hmmm...

Maybe i'll wipe out all the current crap and crusty old software that i have on my ghetto arse laptop and spice it up the latest stuff... [that's hoping that my ghetto laptop doesn't have a heart attack and decide to call it quits on me... then i'm REALLY FUCKED].

WARNING: I swear, you leave me with my spankin' new camera and i WILL document the night from start to after-party... nobody is safe... muahahahha. *taps chook on the shoulder and yells, "CAM WAR" =)


7 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

should i be feeling bad for reminding u??
heeee
well...that's a tough decision....
it's a matter of neccesity and desire....yes??
choose wise my not younger than me padawan..
:p

winkris said...

i was gonna mention it before but couldn't be fucked but then YES you did remind me... and thought i'd tell the world.

Hmmm decisions, decisions... i have issues trying to decide what brand of shampoo to buy and now trying to sort out the wants vs. needs... tough one!

*thinks*

Anonymous said...

There are other authorized Mac resellers around, in Bangsar, Bandar Utama and Damansara.. that is if you still want to get hold of your Mac.

winkris said...

jee: Cheers for the info.

Yea i know there's one in BSC but i'm not sure if they have that easy payment installment thing...

SO if anyone knows of any authorized Mac stores that accept HSBC, would appreciate your help.

Either that or imma give up my HSBC gold card and get a ghetto Maybank credit card... hmmmm.

laineylashes said...

chrissie w camera? o.O
chrissie w/o camera? :D

...

please buy a macbook.
:D

Anonymous said...

hey what you should do is call your credit card ppl and find out if they'll do easy payment scheme on your card for your large purchase. Sometimes they charge you RMx for a duration of however many months. I know that my credit card company offers that so you should find out if they offer it also. I think normally most visa/mastercards do have this.

winkris said...

lainey: Hmmmm maybe... ACTUALLY, i can try getting BOTH! Then everyone will benefit, like one big fat orgy.

Farrah: O RLY!? Hmmm... i may look into that. Cheers for the heads up.

Note to oneself: First things first, I MUST pay off my cc this weekend.