Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Snip + dye

I've been feeling kinda shitty the past few days and it didn't help that i looked like i just rolled out of bed [not in a good way]. So i thought a bit of a make over would help.

I even sported a black knee length skirt and black singlet to work today [the 3/4 shorts and baby T doesn't really scream feminine]. However, i didn't quite make it with the heels... i'm Chrissie, i can be excused for my lack of imagination when it comes to dressing girly... ok fine, i can't part with my slippers... i don't like wearing shoes.

So my usual hair stylist is all the way in Starhill and i couldn't be arsed to make my way through the congestion, so trotted along to Inspiration Alan Salon in Bangsar. I basically went in for a trim and to fix my highlights.

But ended up colouring all my hair [and it's much lighter than i'm used to]... just think: CHANGE IS GOOD. Plus i got suckered into getting a hair treatment and some schmanzy hair product. So much for saving money!

I don't think i look like those try-hard underaged girls that loiter around malls with hair one shade too light or worse, like those girls that experiment with hair dye from the pharmacy. No, i don't look like a tamarin monkey or a sun bleached bimbo.

Maybe i'm over reacting... It's dark/medium brown and with the highlights from before, it gives the overall look a two tone effect. I haven't dyed my hair this colour in YEARS!

I said i wanted to keep the length....

But Mr Happy Scissors decided that i would look better with shorter hair on top. Fine, i was in no mood to argue. Which only means one thing... M.U.L.L.E.T. I clearly stated that i didn't want a mullet but i don't think he understood. So i looked around at the other girls working there and pointed at them saying...
"...i don't want that!"
Eventually i said not too short and left him to do his thang. My fear is that i'll end up looking like a boy or a dyke [no offense to anyone out there with short hair or really is a dyke... yes i know i'm stereotyping but fuck it, i'm not in a good mood].

Anyway it's not quite a mullet, i can still spike it and give it that astro boy effect. The stylist said the hairstyle suits me... but i dunno if i can trust his judgment, i was tired and bits of cut hair had jammed itself into my iris! So i just said, yea it's alrite, i'll get used to it and sort it out, thanks... =)

I still have my long fringe, which i'm quite happy with though. I guess i'll have to wait til i wake up tomorrow and get to work. Maybe i'm just in a fucked up mood and needed an excuse to blow some money to make me feel good about myself. I have realised when i'm not mentally in tune or if i am in a rut, my hair gets shorter and shorter *shrugs*
And you know what... screw those people that say, all girls should have long hair cause it makes them look sexy or more desirable. If that's the case, at the rate that i'm going, i might as well get used to being single, cause my hair ain't growing that fast.
So i guess all you single ladies out there have one less competition to worry about.

---

On another note, believe it or not, i've said no to Mambo at Zouk tonight. I can't believe i said NO TO ALCOHOL... what is wrong with me!?

No comments: