Thursday, July 06, 2006

Just Say No

I don't know what it is but i have something against... mullets. No, not the fish.

You know that period during the 1980s when just about every other male and female, young and old would be sporting the same hair cut. Description: Short on top and long at the back... Just think Jon Bon Jovi, Guns & Roses or Wham in their glory days.

Well that!

And just when i thought style of some sort may be changing... the 80s are making a comeback. For some reason, i'm starting to notice more and more youngsters getting funky hairstyles that mimic that style i have such distaste for. I must admit, i've seen a FEW females that can pull off the style but to be honest not many people suit it... i am one of them.

I am convinced that my hair last night was borderline of mullet ville.

So during my lunch break i went back and said... "I don't liiiike it". He was kind enough to console me and said no problem, i can fix it for you.

So he whipped out his scissors and placed an oversized smock on me. Chopping away at various sections and i insisted that i wanted the whispey end bits CUT OFF. And that i like running product in my hair so it sticks out much like Sonic the Hedgehog or Astro boy.

I don't do mullets... and again, he smiled and said ok but kept insisting that too short at the back is not nice. What he really meant is... SAY YES TO MULLETS!


10 minutes later, MORE hair off my coconut head was landing on the floor. I can say it's much better than what it looked like this morning. I like that messy, i-just-got-out-of-bed look. I would take a picture of it but i don't have a camera with me.

I guess ya'll just have to wait.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

LMFAO I LUB YOU MULLETGIRL!!

<3

winkris said...

SHADDUP!!!

OMFG... i don't have a mullet damn it! ahahha! Lub you too boobers!

Ms. Redd said...

oi! i had a mullet once. :p
with shaven bits off the sides too...haha
think joe dirt...only shorter at the behind..*gulp*

winkris said...

oh dear lord, please say it was your mother's doing.

Yes, i clearly remember me having a hair do ala joe dirt when i was knee high... but that was during the 80s... so i'm guessing my mom just wanted me to fit in with the fashion.... ahahhah.

Poor you...