Tuesday, July 04, 2006

It's true.

I receive a group email yesterday from my high school friend [my ex's bestfriends ex girlfriend who's now living in Sydney]. It's been ages since i've heard from her but obvious that she's got exciting news to share. Even before i open the email, i've got high suspicions on what it might be. My sixth sense was right...
...On Saturday evening, Steve got down on one knee, produced the most gorgeous ring and popped the question and although it took me completely by surprise I of course said yes!!...

So i'm really happy for her and her fiancé [whom i haven't met but obviously seems to be a great guy].
SO massive congratulations to Kate and Steve!

---

Then it got me thinking about my own status. It's funny cause the past week, i got to speak with friends i haven't seen in ages, random people and update my life to ex-colleagues. And they all asked me the common questions :

So... how's life, what are you up to nowadays...?
I tell them i've changed jobs but am still a graphic designer. [Yes, the 12-16 hour days at the agency from Monday to Friday is gone!] Then usually on the weekends we have an event called Hardsequence [insert promotional speech] which i promote for.

Which is soon followed with...

SoOOooo really, you don't have that much time do ya?
I mean as in relationship wise. Then it got me thinking... that's actually quite true... hmmm. I have no time for a special someone... how fucking sad is that.

If it's not work that i'm doing, it's trying to sort out presales or promoting for an upcoming event. I mean, there always is time, one just has to play their cards right and manage it properly. But honestly, i wouldn't give up everything that i have worked so hard for just for the attention of a man. I've done it before and that's my fault... but i don't regret any of it cause i did honestly love him whole heartedly and those moments where we'd lie next to each other and i'd say,
"If the world were to end now... i'd be the happiest person alive."
I meant every single word.

That was then. Those days are turning to months to now years. I'm starting to remember our happy days... and i can only smile each time. I miss it. Not us, but it.

Sadly i have yet to meet someone who's single, has the same interests as me AND that someone i could see myself with... there are possible candidates but that's just me getting excited over nothing. Someone who loves music and has as much drive as i do. I mean come on, be honest, how many 'boyfriends' would want their prospective partner to be promoting for an event every week and have random strangers/boys calling her at odd times?

I don't do dates [mainly cause the thought of it gets me nervous and to be honest, i haven't thrown myself into the dating world... plus it makes me DAMN FUCKING NERVOUS].

I know i'm not old but the whole "oh my fucking god, i'm turning 27 next year" is starting to invade my thoughts again. Maybe i am scared to commit to a relationship and so used to the freedom that i've learned to love. And being able to move from point A to B and to possibly C whenever i feel like it, without someone nagging me or asking me when i'll be back. I never had that in my last relationship and i'm sure not going to want it in my next.

Each and every time i get home from a good night or great event. I come home and i really do miss sharing my life with someone. I miss waking up next to someone... and i don't mean some guy who happens to be lying beside me after attending to his sexual cravings. Boys will be boys.

But as much as i love what i do... i really do wonder, if in a year's time, will i be doing the same thing, pondering over the same questions? Highly likely. But ya know, from the time i could remember, i would say 27 is my year. I don't know what it was about that number but, SOMETHING [good] will happen.

I turn 27 in 8 months and 11 days... *waits*

4 comments:

Ms. Redd said...

in different situations..and a tad bit younger than u...but i know Exactly what u mean...don't fret..u're not alone in the single-loving-it-but-cld-use-some-company department
nyahaha

couple(d) is good at times
but thus far.. for me.. single is even better
:D

winkris said...

Yea... it's one of them things that it'll be nice to have but once you have it, there's bound to be changes.

Yea Single Ville is a nice place but then again, falling into that comfort zone is not exactly fun either.

ATTENTION GIRLFRIENDS OF BOYFRIENDS: I AM NOT OUT TO GET WITH YOUR MAN... trust me, i do what i do and it just so happens that i like what i do and am open about pretty much everything. Most of the time, i'm like one of the boys! It's all good.

Minang Bercakap American said...

oooooooh, no wonder you didnt want to have that cuppa coffee..


-Rae

LB copywriter in progress

winkris said...

Rae: Heya Rae... oh yea, i nearly forgot about that... ahahha...