Friday, October 13, 2006

Alcohol 101

So Supastar's mini get together a la Quarter Century Old celebration was accompanied by a bottle of Black Label, tequila pop, graveyard and the traditional birthday package: double flaming lamborghini.

Supastar, chilli padi and i were late but Wing boy, Stoopidfish, Chook and Sengkar were already there. We all had work the next day, so it wasn't right to be completely wasted. Just enough to share a few laughs and increase the noise level by a few notches. Chook left relatively early but was soon replaced by Desmond. Who was then roped into having a double flaming lamborghini because it was his birthday a few days before.

Civilized as we were, there was none of that 'dentist chair' intoxication ritual where the victim is forced to throw their head back whilst liquor is poured down their throat and the 5 second countdown begins. Totally moronic and completely unnecessary in my opinion.

When i was teenager, my mother always reminded me before i went out clubbing, not to get drunk because being the drunk girl is ugly and not ladylike. [Which i have to admit is true]. And being the girl that's leaned over the side and spewing the nights' contents on the sidewalk does not project the 'well hellooOOoo boys' sentiment.

I never understood the need to get sooOOoo violently intoxicated that the mission for the night was to rant and rave like a complete baboon and then later to be covered in ones' own spew before the night is over. Then spread eagle like Death had just ran his boney finger down your back while you're passed out on the pee covered cement. Mmmmm lovely... now ain't that a pretty picture.

But then again, i guess we've all been there. And yes, even i have come home COMPLETELY off my tits and wishing i hadn't had that last shot. And not remembering majority of the night but the next day been given the run down of my stupidity. Ahhhh the beauty of alcohol, makes you stubborn as a bull and carefree.

And although i have been drinking regularly for the past thirteen years or so, i can say my only advice to all you ladies is to 'pace yourself and to know your limit'. And unless you know what combos don't go well together, i suggest if you're going with bubbles [beer, soda, champagne etc] to stick with bubbles. Otherwise, you're cooking up a recipe for a future hangover and hourly visits examining the toilet bowl. But then again, everyone's different but those are usually the rules i stick by.

Oh and happy Friday 13th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

gawd the new MIL made her own fruit alcohol and has been trying to get me to drink it. I went downstairs to the cellar with her to check the progress and she was all "OOohhh here look, I'll open the top and you just take a deep breath"

yeah stupid me did exactly that and I swear all the hair in my nose fell out and my eyes wouldn't stop watering. she was totally pissing herself and said so I have some MUGS we'll have some.

I was like "chrissssssssssssss your mum is trying to get me drunk again!!!!!!!!"

so YOU come here and drink with her, seriously.

winkris said...

ooOOooooer sounds yum! Obviously not the nose hair droppings but the fruit alcohol... yum. I'm game... i want sommmmmmme! =)