Friday, October 27, 2006

Lookin' for Suitcase but ain't goin anywhere.

I'm not sure where my sense of emergency has disappeared to but for the love of all good things, i seem to have misplaced it. Last night i spent a mere 10 minutes looking at the grid that i created for the project that i'm currently working on and no amount of creativity dust has fallen on to it or on to me for that matter. I even brought some layout books to my bed, hoping some fantabulous design would imprint itself in my brain whilst i slept. But the second i put my head to the pillow... i passed out. So much for that brilliant idea.

And before i went to bed, i went as far as copying the missing fonts into the Library Fonts folder and for some reason, they don't look right on my screen. How am i supposed to work under such conditions? I desperately need Suitcase to manage my fonts [another lame excuse to procrastinate further].

Maybe it's the whole i-am-still-on-holiday therefore cannot be arsed to do work. But I KNOW once Sunday comes to an end and i've returned from Malacca, i'll be speed racing through it all and trying to formulate a presentable looking piece to show my boss on Monday.

I even had planned to go to my old office to pick up my claims and to sort out my ATM card at the bank today. But i know if i go, that's at least 3 hours wasted and 3 hours of POSSIBLE work done. And i know me, i'll end up getting distracted and find myself wandering through Low Yat Plaza and looking at the computer stores and software or buying unnecessary items because my impulse need to purchase.

*stares outside* The sun is out and the haze doesn't look so bad today. I can actually see in the far distance without having to squint or imagine where the buildings are. Hmmm... what a nice day to be outdoors.

I just googled online and i can download a 30 day free trial of Suitcase X1. Well now, i guess SOMEONE/THING out there heard my sad arse excuse of why i'm not working *goes off to download* But before i start work i'll attend to my dying plants, make some coffee and suss out the music selection to get the creative juices flowing.

No comments: