Monday, October 16, 2006

Booze + Good Conversation + Friends = Great Timing

After work met up with Buddy, buddy's mate and Chook for drinks down at Social. Which then continued on to us having some grub and a few more beers. Then Raul joining us for a beer or two. Then laineylashes and ms.redd dropping by for a short while since they were in the neighborhood. And then Pearly who happened to be stuck in traffic, drops by for a glass of wine. The last few drops of warm beer didn't leave a good aftertaste, so we moved onto wine, to of course clear the palate.

And as we continued to ramble on about what not, it wasn't too long until our glasses were empty and it was time to head off home.

One would think the combination of a couple of beers and white wine would be a good concoction to aid ones' sleep. But nooOOooo... it's past 3am and Smooks has spent most of the evening trying to either attack my toes, play 'polly wants a cracker' on my shoulder or pouncing on the keyboard [which makes conversations on msn a bit tricky].

I've attempted to fool him by lying on my bed, hoping he'll just curl up into a ball. But nooOooo, it just means he gets to launch himself onto my nose or play with my labret. Damn irritating since i have to cover myself under my doona [which of course gets a bit suffocating].

I am attempting to dribble out some excess thoughts into my blog, hoping it will help in the sleep department. I'm guessing all the stern "NO Smooks", "Smooks get off the escape/delete button" and "Stop fucking nibbling on ME" has finally tired the little fur ball. Because NOW he's quietened down and is curled on top of my lap purring. Which is probably something that i should be doing but tucked under my doona minus Smooks somehow finding his way curled on top of my back.

1 comment:

laineylashes said...

i is faaaaamous :D

**lovelove**