Monday, October 30, 2006

A mug of procrastination = RM3.90

Still in a holiday mood and still in search for my sense of emergency, i trotted off to lunch at Basil with my colleagues. Rambled on about god knows what to distract me from my grumbling stomach.

Then after stuffing myself and forgetting that i should really tone down in my helpings after seeing myself in a bikini over the weekend, we went off to the forgotten Japanese RM5 shop along Telawi 3.

Imagine four women going absolutely ecstatic over containers of all shapes and sizes, japanese cutlery/cookware and nicely packaged objects for dirt cheap. Every few minutes you'd hear one of us bust out with, "OH MY GAWD, how cute!" or "Oh loooOOoook they even have a holder for [insert random item]..."

I was drawn to the japanese bowls and ceramic cups. I came across one mug that was waaaay too cute, it looks like an odd shaped eggplant with a handle and a slight tilt and i had to purchase it. I found a wooden coaster that i thought needed to cradle it, so that was added to the impulse shopping list. YES, any reason to buy something to keep Chrissie happy.

And as my colleague once said to me when i joined when i brought my cork coaster in to the office, "ooOOooo how civilized, you even have a coaster". And NO, i'm not being anal about spilt coffee ring marks on my table, i just like the look of coasters, THAT and for some reason coffee always ends up drooling over the side.


Got to the office and was quick to make my second cup of instant coffee for the day just so i could try it out. Like a kid just receiving a piece of candy, i strolled through the office showing it off... YES, i know so sad but little things in life make me happy. CORRECTION: SOME little things in life make me happy... ahahaha.

So i changed my msn handle from Chrissie • SCREWYOUQUARK to Chrissie • HASANEWMUG. I was greeted by Kinkypugkev sending me a msn message to say that i should blog about it. So to waste even more of my calculated time, i hunted for the office digital camera, so for RM3.90 i thought it was a pretty damn good deal.

2 comments:

Me said...

Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert! Geek Alert!

winkris said...

maaaaate... i never denied that i wasn't one =p