Thursday, October 19, 2006

KittyCatMonkeySmooks Excursion

My initial plan was to bring Smooks to the vet on Sunday for his vaccination but because of my spur of the moment kinda deal happened, i was unable to... damn those stupid impulses!

Smooks isn't sick it's just because i'll be putting him in boarding whilst i'm away. The store owner won't accept any pets unless they're vaccinated. Fair enough.

But the past few days, i've been preoccupied with work and knowing that there's no way in hell i can runaway from the office in time to catch the fur ball and make it to the vet on time [moments like these i WISH i owned a car].

So AnBloodyMumNoMore rang me this morning to see if i wanted a ride to the office [and to have a sneak peak at the little one]. Armed with her antihistamine and enthusiasm, she came and rang the bell. By which time, i was still scrunching clay in my hair and flinging my folded clothes from the living room onto my bed [i didn't go as far as putting it under the doona, so my bed looked like those flea market booths' that pile random items of clothing].

The excitement of a new person in the apartment meant that Smooks' usual helium balloon release whine/meow for 'HurryUpAndFeedMe' was skipped. Instead, it was replaced with 'WhereTheFuckAreYouTakingMeNow' meow.

Called Admin to ask if it was ok to bring my feline into the office until lunch. And was given the A-OK approval, just as long as i don't let it run around. Don't think my boss would approve having kitty nibbling on his toes, mind you, he only does it to me. Perhaps his little way of saying, 'I love you... all ten of you* *nibble nibble*

Arrived at the office and propped the carrier on to two empty IKEA rubbish bins. And with the carrier opening facing me [so it doesn't feel like i've abandoned him], i peer in to see the little monkey curled up in a ball in deep thoughts.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chrissie I think you're really funny.
haha-funny. not the bad kind.
:)

winkris said...

Anon: Ummm i'm not sure how to respond to that... so i'll just say THANKS =) Glad that i haven't bored ya... yet.