Saturday, October 21, 2006

RAM alama ding dong

Today was probably not the best day to be venturing out in the city but i had a number of errands to do and i didn't feel like cramming it in tomorrow. But had i known that everyone from the outskirts of KL were doing their last minute shopping i probably would have thought twice about stepping outdoors.

But my mission was to bump up the RAM on MattEbony. The inbuilt 512 MB RAM was not kickin' it, so my only option was to go with the 1GB upgrade. When it comes to waiting for applications to open and jumping from one software to another to do my work, i like things to run smoothly without having to quit anything. Yes patience is not one of my virtues. The old skool black and white ticking clock face has now been replaced with a non-convincing hypnotic rainbow coloured spinning wheel.

But RM700 poorer, i can now work in peace with my 1.25GB RAM working to its capabilities.

So here i am sipping my Espresso Frap at Starbucks, amongst all the other solo laptop users. Occupying myself by browsing through random sites and waiting for my Qlubtempo live sets to finish downloading. Can't be arsed to go home just yet, so i'll continue to inhale the haze outdoors until my arse gets sore from sitting down too long.

No comments: