Friday, October 06, 2006

Uncertainty.

Most of the time i'm either sprinting from the cab, down the hall and practically flinging my appointment card at the nurse, hoping that the previous patient was late because i was late. But today i was actually early and went straight in her office. As usual, initial chit chat went on and then the question, "So... how have you been?" gets mentioned. Which is then followed with a recap of what the past month or so has dealt me, paying particular attention to my mental state.

Although i'm not completely down in the dumps, i have to admit, i'm feeling slightly down. And as usual, not knowing why.

It's been 16 plus months that i've been on Effexor XR and in MOST cases, there would be a significant improvement. And the meds are responsible for stabilising my moods. But in the past few months, i have noticed an increase of episodes where i find me back circling my daemons and dipping down on regular intervals.

My doc has a strong suspicion that my thyroid might be acting up again [i was diagnosed in February 2005 with Hyperthyroidism]. My T3 and T4 was tested and was normal in March 2006 but i haven't checked it since.

So she has referred me to an Endocrinologist at the same hospital and i have an appointment on Wednesday. Which is when i have to pick up my prescription. It's damn fucking annoying because the hospital only stocked 75mg when clearly in her notes, she states that i'm on 150mg. So every two weeks i've had to make my journey there and wait inline for the doctor on duty to sign off my prescription... which is more of an inconvenience since i have to go during office hours. But my doc is sorting out a deal with the Pharmacist so i can just go directly there to collect/pay.

Fingers crossed that my T3 and T4 levels are STILL normal. And if they are, that's great news but it may mean that my AD are not doing its job. I can only assume that i'll be put on some other medication. And i did mention that i will check out the group therapy... as ghetto as that sounds, i think counseling is the next step.

No comments: